Mail Poller

Overview

This version is for Appian 22.3 and above. Cloud customers on a lower version of Appian that want to install this plugin should open a support case. Self-managed customers can find the latest jar for Appian 22.2 and lower version by downloading from the app market.

Enhancement to the plug-in to enable the selection of whether or not to include the email attachments as part of the EML document. Previously, the plug-in would create an EML document with the attachments stripped out. Our client needs to preserve the original e-mail as it was sent (for auditing purposes), so the EML must include the attachments as part of it. This update extends the functionality to allow the user to select whether they want an EML with the attachments removed (original functionality), an EML with attachments included, or both (2 EMLS of original email - one without the attachments included and one with the attachments included). Any e-mail attachments will continue to be saved separately. 

Key Features & Functionality

Takes all unread email from a mailbox and adds entries directly to a database table.The original email is saved as an EML based on three attachment type options

1. EML with attachments removed
  2. EML with attachments included
  3. Both (2 EMLs of original email) - EML with attachments removed and EML with attachments included

Each email attachment is saved as its own document. The database tables store the Appian document ids, email recipients, subject and body (text and HTML)

Anonymous
  • Are you commenting on the right poller? This one is specifically for IMAP connections, is this for the Exchange Web Services poller?
    For IMAP, the content-disposition value of the body part in the message needs to be "attachment". You can check that in the eml file of the email.

I have not used the plugin in some time but from what I recall it does not support inline attachments since these are nested inside other body parts. I may be incorrect on this one - would be good to have someone from the community comment here.

• Hello,

we are currently using version 1.1.7 on Appian 21.3.

Mail Poller does not recognize attachments for a specific email address. The email itself is stored normally, but the attachment is nowhere to be found. According to the email exchange team, they don't see an issue with this email address or the attachment.

Is there any way to find out what the issue might be? Which email property does mail poller access to find attachments? 

"X-MS-HASATTACH: yes" is present in the header.

Thank you in advance.

• v.2.0.3 - Release Notes
    • Added License file and upgraded json library

• When attempting to execute the mail poller, an error is encountered indicating that the mail poller is already running, even in the absence of any active or canceled process instances associated with the processes utilizing the mail poller plugin.How to address this issue ?

• The plugin works just like an IMAP client, so you will need to configure access to IMAP through basic authentication with access to the inbox.

• Hi,

Before using this plugin, I'd need to know what needs configuring in the email account we're connecting to. By this, I mean the IMAP protocol or any other necessary configuration changes.

Thanks in advance!

• Please request via a Support case.

• You cannot have more than one instance of the plugin running in the environment. If there is another instance running, it needs to terminate before you can kick off a new one. This is a deliberate design choice so designers don't accidentally flood the system with email processing.

• Hi,

We are seeing one strange behavior where Plugin has started, It doesn't read any Email in the outlook but it executed and giving us Error Message( Mail Poller already running) error. 

what's the Issue ?

Thanks.

• Can you please describe how to download the plugin for Appian 21.3? I am searching for it in the App market but I cant find it.