Snowflake Connected System

Overview

Snowflake is an analytic data warehouse that is fast, easy to use, and pliable. We have built the Snowflake Connected system to employ these benefits in Appian. You can use this connected system to create an integration object that can help perform SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CALL FUNCTION or STORED PROCEDURE operations in the Snowflake Database tables or views.

To establish the connection, while creating a connected system you will need

• Account Name: Full name of your account (provided by Snowflake). Note that your full account name might include additional segments that identify the region and cloud platform where your account is hosted. ex: <account>.snowflakecomputing.com
  • Role: Default access control role to use in the Snowflake session. The specified role should be an existing role that has already been assigned to the specified user. If the specified role has not already been assigned to the user, the role is not used when the session. ex: ACCOUNTADMIN, SECURITYADMIN, SYSADMIN, PUBLIC. (Only provide single role)
  • User: Login name of the user for the connection.
  • Password: Password of the account

Key Features & Functionality

• Queried data from Snowflake will be returned in the integration as Dictionary format.
  • Added Warehouse, DB and Schema as the optional parameters.
  • The result will contain the total number of rows returned from Snowflake.
  • The result will contain the column metadata.
Anonymous
  • Unfortunately this is not possible, we use it expensively and call sql directly through it. In that case, is there a way to fix the datetime issue?

Thank you,

Walker

• Hi ,

You can reach us via team.int.swatcustomdev@vuram.com

And regarding the split up, in version 2.1.0  we have only one integration called "SnowflakeJDBCIntegrationTemplate" after version 3.0.0 that is split into 5 different integrations, RetrieveIntegrationTemplate, InsertIntegrationTemplate, UpdateIntegrationTemplate, DeleteIntegrationTemplate, CallIntegrationTemplate. So you can update the Appian integration to the new one according to your usage.

Regards,
    Vignesh E

• Hi Vigneshe,

Thank you for getting back to me. We are using the connected system to connect Appian to Snowflake. We were on version  2.1.0.0., but I updated it to see if it would fix the date time issue. 

What do you mean by split up? All I did was update the plugin we were using via the admin console. 

I also reached out to a few people at Vuram via email, but have not heard back yet. 

Thank you,

Walker

• Hi ,

Thanks for reaching out,

Can you please share with us what integration you are trying to use? Because the integrations were split up and updated after version 3.0.0. If so please update it with the help of the document that is in the download package of the plugin.

Please feel free to reach us if you still face any issues.

Regards,
    Vignesh E 

• Hello,

I am having an issue where a date time in Snowflake is stored as ET, but when I query it using the snowflake integration in Appian, it lists the timezone in EDT and the time is 4 hours earlier than the time in Snowflake. For example, 

2023-08-01 18:27:37.872 in the database is displayed as 8/1/23 2:27 PM EDT in Appian.

I was on version 2.1.0.0., I updated to the most recent version, and now I am getting this error: "Error Evaluating UI Expression Expression evaluation error [evaluation ID = 769af:e47b1] in rule 'rti_snowflakeintegration' (called by rules 'rti_rule_snowflake_returnappianformatteddatabyselectstatement' > 'rti_form_displaycolumnstoselectfiltersandmodelgridforrunselectionv2' > 'rti_parent_form_dataruninuseflagselection') : Unable to find Integration Template with the id "plugin.[com.vuram.snowflake].[SnowflakeConnectedSystemTemplate].[SFJDBCIntegrationTemplate].READ""

Is the date time issue fixed in the newest version? If so, why is it breaking?
  • Hi, 

Good Day!

Thanks for reaching out. You can use the rule input by Edit as Expression option 

and for columns and values, you can directly pass the rule input as shown below.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards,
    Vignesh E

• For insert Integration, how to give input from user where input is passed as rule input ?

• v3.0.6 Release Notes
    • Security patch attached
  • v3.0.5 Release Notes
    • Included Sample Application and documentation.
    • Changed the location of Connected system logo in the package from root directory to resource directory.