Appian bicycle app challenge

Hi Appian community!

I have created an interface which allows users to add bicycles to a fleet. I now wish to create an interface that modifies a bicycle's condition and location (to different citibike style docks) if needs be - what would be the best way to go about this and how do I import the existing data I have?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• if your add bicycle from contains same fields like add bicycle condition and location and also your CDT contain that same fields then you prefer to create a duplicate interface if not then you create duplicate interface and  added some extra fields for add bicycle's condition (like add bicycle condition and location) update your CDT also for adding bicycle condition datatype and location and modifies you data or  you also create interface from scratch from selecting create from datatype after creating an interface.After follow one of the option to create you interface you see by default rule inputs added to your rule inputs in interface, with the help of this rule input you can use you existing you data from fields with using display value in your particular from input fields and also use save into to save inputs with save into field for particular input field.

• are you find solution of your question related to this bicycle app challenge?

• Hello. You can import your data by going to your site navigation button in the top, right of the Appian Designer and selecting Cloud Database. However, if you're starting with data, I'd recommend that you import it to create a new table and then create a new record type to point to your database table. This will automatically generate a data model in the record that you can configure. You can add your "Create a new bike" as a record list action, which means users will be able to search through your existing data in the record type. If they don't see the bike they want, they can click on an action in the same UI to add a new bike. 

To modify data for an existing bike, you need to configure a related action on the record type. This action invokes a process model that pulls in data from the record and then will use a form (in the process) to allow users to make changes to the data before updating the database using a write to data store entity smart service. 

For more information on configure this process, please review the "Records" course in Academy Online (academy.appian.com). You can also see the steps for configuring a related action in the Appian Step-by-Step exercise included in the course.