Exam Name: Appian RPA + IDP Pro
Requirement(s): Any core Appian Certification
Number of items: 45 Items
Duration: 60 Minutes
*Core certification vouchers cannot be used for Pro Badges and no discounts can be applied.
This exam focuses on the various aspects of Appian’s automation suite, such as process modeler, smart services, integrations, interfaces, plug-ins, and business rules. Successful candidates should have hands-on experience building Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) solutions in Appian.
You should have the ability to identify and evaluate use cases, design, configure, and build solutions, utilizing best practices to meet business requirements. You should also understand how to troubleshoot, debug, maintain, and optimize the solution.
Candidates should fully prepare for an exam using the exam content sections below as a checklist to identify possible gaps between knowledge and the skills measured by the exam.
Appian Automation Fundamentals
- Identify when to use various types of automation (e.g., RPA, IDP, integrations, data smart services, process model)
- Design an end-to-end application orchestrating humans, digital workers, and AI to accomplish business objectives
- Create and leverage Appian data types to store and transfer data within the application
Deploy Appian application artifacts (e.g., application objects, patches, SQL statements, robotic processes)
Evaluate, Design and Build Appian Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Identify suitable use cases for RPA automation
- Plan resource requirements, including libraries
- Use roles and permissions to secure robotic processes, resources, and credentials
- Install and set up agents and resources for use on virtual or desktop machines
- Use the appropriate actions to automate applications such as browsers, windows app, command prompt, mainframe
- Design an automaton solution to manage errors and exceptions
- Build a robotic process and configure the actions
- Record task actions using the task recorder
- Use loops and conditionals to control the flow of the robotic process
Appian Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Operations
- Analyze potential use cases and example documents
- Assess the appropriate IDP tools to effectively meet requirements, and communicate the benefits to business owners
- Build an end-to-end application from document source to downstream business needs
- Read, translate, and transform structured data in Appian
- Install, configure, and upgrade the IDP application
Appian Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) Operations
- Evaluate out-of-the-box IDP monitoring metrics
- Implement end-to-end application metrics
- Monitor end-to-end application metrics to ensure business objectives are being met
- Explain the limitations of Appian and Google machine learning model
Preparation is the key to certification success. While training is not required, we do provide specific course recommendations that provide you with skills validated by the exam. It’s important that you couple your technical training and familiarity with Appian documentation with practical application to ensure your highest chances for success on your exam. Use the below resources to guide your preparation based on a thorough review of the exam objectives.
Have More Questions?
We’re here to help. If you have any questions about what to expect during the test, or Appian’s Certification Program in general, check our Frequently Asked Questions page! For a more detailed breakdown, you can also read our Policies and Procedures page.
Schedule or Take Exam