Auto-Provisioning a User With SAML When An Authentication Group Is Specified in SAML IdP

I'm setting up Appian SSO for our organization and ideally don't want my team in the business of setting up users in Appian as we onboard more and more development teams and application users.

We are going to use group membership synchronization by hooking it into our own internal security group configuration, and ideally I'd like to create also use "Create new users upon sign in" upon initial access of Appian by our employees. 

The problem that I see is that in our IdP I am also providing an Authentication Group for "SSO Users" so our platform team can access Appian with backdoor Admin Ids if possible, and those IDs will use Appian's OOTB authentication mechanism rather than the IdP.

A first-time Appian user would obviously not be 1. A member of this "SSO Users" group, and 2. Not even present as a user in Appian, so how can I take advantage of "Create new users upon sign in" functionality if I'm using an authentication group?  How do I avoid my team having to manually configure each use and adding them to the "SSO Users" group?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible