Memory Management Best Practice When Using With() with local variables and rule! expressions

Hi Community,

I have a question on the use of the with() function on interfaces. More to do with how memory is managed when load and with is used. Say we have the following code

with(

local!Variable1:rule!retrieveDataFrmCustomerTable(Filter1,Filter2),

)

What I expect it to so is when my page loads the output of the query retrieveDataFrmCustomerTable with 2 filters is stored in the Variable1. Now if i just call the variable2 in my code lets say 10 times, will APPIAN execute the "rule!retrieveDataFrmCustomerTable(Filter1,Filter2)" ten times or will it just keep playing with the initial data which was called when the with function was executed.

The reason i ask is to seek clarity on the fact whether the Variable1 is just a pointer to the retrieveDataFrmCustomerTable query and is called each time Variable1 is called which will make a call to the back end data base each time or since i have used Variable1 alongside with() the  retrieveDataFrmCustomerTable query will be run just once and it will be kept in the memory for APPIAN to use.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible