I want to achieve as below: document as - XML file contains list of u

I want to achieve as below:

document as - XML file contains list of user node where each user node contains number of element describing user information.

Now, I want to fetch the user node block (all child nodes) match to appian login id and user node's login id child node.

Can any one share me which Appian activity or service would i have to use and how to achieve this.

Thank you...

OriginalPostID-83335

OriginalPostID-83335

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    Couple of items you can check.

1. Are you saving the expression's output in Text type variable?
    2. Have you tried this expression in Rules tab?
  • Dhaval, I have done the same as Siva and can see that this works with xpathdocument (even withyour xml). Here is an application for your testing to see this in process:

http://ap.pn/1716qzT

The xml file contains the xml you provided earlier and is used to populate a constant.
  • Hi , Now i able to get result. Many thanks for your efforts to both of you.
    Now, when i do query as below:
    xpathdocument(cons!AdjusterSignatureXMLFile,"/APPUSERS/APPUSER[APPAINID='dhaval.soni']") then i get result in particular scenarios only.

Example,
    My process model is as below:

START >> user input task (out put variable set the XML extracted value to process variable) >> user input task >> END
    Now, when i debug - "view form and submit first user input task" then i can't get updated process variable value extracted from XML.
    But, again do "start instance" in same debug window and follow by submit first user input form then after, i can find process variable updated with correct fetched value from XML.
    Can you please suggest me what is wrong here ?
    it works fine if i just write the query as //APPAINID but when write specific as above then it works in second start of instance and not in first instance.
    Please let me know in case of any descp require.
    (Apologies i can't export and share it )

thanks
    dhaval
  • Hi ,
    It gets resolve. I just have to do "REFRESH" on debug designer to get it reflect on process variable.
    Many thanks
    dhaval soni