Related action and Sub Process Model

Hi,

I have a requirement where i have a start form which on action triggers a Sub process which return a CDT out.

I need to Display the CDT in a Grid.

Once the action is Triggered the GRID is going into the Tasks in the Tempo.

We use Sites here.

Can any one help me make sure to display the GRID in the Flow ?

I have used Activity chaining which helps the feasibility if the applications

Thanks,

Rohan N

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• You can configure asynchronous subprocess from the main flow. Asynchronous subprocess should have the query entity or query rule to form cdt and then assign the task. Configure chaining as per the necessity.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to rohann179
    Hi Rohan,

Once form is submitted, in the synchronous sub process does it has only script task which maps the variables to CDT and gives the CDT back to main process as output??

I could think of two things here:

1)All nodes are not activity chained i.e. from main process submit form till the next form(Including sub process- make sure all the nodes are activity chained in the sub process as well)

2)If it's still not working, you can try putting the user input task in the sub process itself which is placed after sub process and make sure it has activity chaining enabled.

Thanks,
    Nitesh
  • Hi Rohann179,

I have faced a similar issue in my previous project. We used sites, but sometimes the tasks would appear in the tempo. The reason being:
    We used a task report in the site. It would only display the tasks of the process models that are defined in a constant. So every time, we used a UI in a process model we had to make sure that process model is defined in the constant.
    I am not sure if this is your case but it's worth a look

Cheers
    Certified Lead Developer

Rohan,

Set the User Input task which displays the grid as a quick task. This would resolve your issue.

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Rohan,

Please check below points in Process Model.

1. Activity chain should not break.
    2. According to your requirement, there are two user input task. first task is where users enter the information and second is where users sees the information in grid. Please make sure assignment for both tasks should be same person. If it is not same then also task would be completed and another task will be shown in tempo.