Password Encryption for Fitnesse for Appian

Good Day Experts,

Can anyone please help me how to configure/use the password encryption for Fitnesse for Appian ?

We can configure the user name and password in the user.property file and we can use as a RULE in fitnesse script but I'm not looking for that. We wanted to use the encrypted username and password (at least password ).

I've gone through below documentation but still I'm not  able to figure out.

http://fitnesse.org/FitNesse.UserGuide.AdministeringFitNesse.PasswordCipher

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Kalai.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

•  The greatest costume for girls who adored the TV series and its characters is The Traitors Claudia Winkleman Green Coat Visit our website to purchase your favourite one from our selection of products that are inspired by TV shows, movies, and celebrities.

• hey had the same problem, here are the some ways for configuration

Using the Appian Admin Console or a command-line tool, generate the encrypted password. Appian employs the AES-256 encryption method. Here's an example command for using the Appian command-line programme to encrypt a password:

$ java -jar <path_to_appian_home>/_admin/lib/AESEncryptor.jar -e -k <encryption_key> -i <password_to_encrypt>

Path to appian home> should be replaced with the path to your Appian installation directory, encryption key> with your encryption key, and password to encrypt> with the password you wish to encrypt.

Replace the plain text password with the encrypted password in the user.properties file in the Fitnesse installation directory. As an example:

user = encrypted_password

Step 1's encrypted password should be replaced with encrypted password.

Use the encrypted password instead of the plain text password in your Fitnesse exams. As an example:

!define TEST_SYSTEM {slim}

!define APP_USERNAME {user}
    !define APP_PASSWORD {encrypted_password}

!path <path_to_your_fixture_libraries>

|import|
    |my.fixtures|

|script|myapp_test|
    |given|I am logged in to Appian with username ${APP_USERNAME} and password ${APP_PASSWORD}|
    |when|I do something in Appian|
    |then|I should see the expected result|

Step 1's encrypted password should be replaced with encrypted password.

hope that will help if you still have any query feel free ask