hi all, how to get the value of application ID? i'm trying to invo

hi all,
how to get the value of application ID?
i'm trying to invoke the function "getapplicationgroups", which needs a parameter application ID.

OriginalPostID-156564

OriginalPostID-156564

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• getapplicationgroups will work in 7.10 or not ,if not is any other way to find the groups?
  • @praveenkumark, I am not sure as I haven't used it so far. We have to inspect the java code to see if any API functions used in the plugin are deprecated or not. I could do this for you by end of the day if you are interested. Additionally I would like to suggest strongly to test it by deploying and thereby using it atleast in one of your environments before you decide to go with it.

Also could you please elaborate the requirement?
  • For each application need to find the groups and its users
  • @praveenkumark Hi, to the best of my knowledge neither there is a OOTB functionality nor a shared component (except 'Get application groups', even 'Get application groups' only gets you the groups present in the 'Application' object) to do this. This should be built by us infact, by maintaining the application groups information in the database or in the expression rules or constants as an array. And re the 'Get application groups' shared component - as long as your environment in on cloud, Appian would be able to support it on need basis by removing the deprecated functions (if any) and will offer the same functionality.

An other simple way of doing the same is to create a group by name ' All Users' and make sure that any group created newly in the Application either becomes a direct or indirect child of the ' All Users' group. Now you can read the attributes of ' All Users' by using People functions(at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/records/type/components/item/i0BCLGOdlMUpdGVqT-RV7oRg74uEGJO7MQ8lm4tmJLMp94GacLswVsmKlY5dOs/view/summary) which will result you in desired information such as groups present in a Application, users present in Application etc. I would generally recommend this.
  • hi sikhivahans @ we have published couple of applications, we cant add all the Existing groups by creating a new group with application name.
  • @praveenkumark But maintaining a group separately for an application and making the top level groups as children under it is an ideal implementation which I have seen so far and convenient from the developer perspective as well. Not sure, if you misunderstood re the term 'application', what I meant to say is, a module or implementation in the Appian environment. For instance let's say there are two projects in your Appian environment namely 'Leave Management System' and 'Asset Management System', then a group for 'Leave Management System' namely 'LMS All Users' and similarly a group for ''Asset Management System' namely 'AMS All Users' would be ideal.