#SharePoint #Call Web Service I am trying to invoke SharePoint Web Services by m

#SharePoint #Call Web Service I am trying to invoke SharePoint Web Services by making use of Call Web Service Smart Service. Even after providing the correct WSDL, username, password and domain (I have tried it with 3 different values namely NTML, IAM and blank value (null)). The error we are experiencing at the moment is as follows (Attached the screen print):

The WSDL requires authentication. Please provide valid credentials (APNX-1-4045-006)

I have seen previous posts on the same lines and as per my understanding, they are not yet or partially resolved. I saw some posts talking about the domain and their compatibility with Appian. Would someone here please be able to guide in a right direction?

Appian 16.1 and SharePoint 2013 are the environments being used.

Thanks in advance.

OriginalPostID-216665

OriginalPostID-216665

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• I'm trying to gather more information on this now from our internal teams. In the meantime, would you be open to using the Advanced Web Service Call smart service? I believe this smart service was crafted to work around the limitations of the out of the box feature: forum.appian.com/.../summary
  • @sean.kim Sure, will do it and keep you posted if there is any progress.
  • @sean.kim Same is the case with Advanced Call Web Service Shared Component. Here is the error message that was obtained post running the node:

[failed to localize] failed.to.parse(http://myhost/sites/appian/_vti_bin/dws.asmx?wsdl, Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: http://myhost/sites/appian/_vti_bin/dws.asmx?wsdl)

So I can see the 401 (Unauthorised) error in common issue in the usage of all the three components, namely Call Web Service Smart Service (OOTB), Advanced Call Web Service (Shared Component) and SharePoint 2010 Document Integration (Shared Component).

It would be really good to know if there is a limitation from Appian or if there is a problem with the configurations we made or the infrastructure that was in place.
  • I did some digging and found that the Call Web Service nodes do not support NTLM v2 authentication. Can you confirm that your Sharepoint server does not require v2? I believe you can accomplish this through the following:

1. In the SharePoint (Windows Server) server click "Start" and type "Local Security Policy"
    2. Expand the "Security Settings" - "Local Policies" - "Security Options" folder from the left navigation menu
    3. Scroll down until you find the following setting:
    ----> Network security: Minimum session security for NTLM SSP based (including secure RPC) servers
    4. Right click on this setting and select "Properties"
    5. **DISABLE*** the following option
    ----> Require NTLMv2 session security
  • Hi did you get a chance to see whether NTLM v2 authentication was the cause of the issue? Did you ever try LM authentication?
  • @Sean Kim - Thanks a lot for your patience and help.

Just to let you know, two of my colleagues will be moving this SharePoint Integration ahead from now on. I am adding them here as participants.

@ramachandrad / @sidhantb - Have a look at what @sean.kim has been suggesting and see what can be done. Thanks.