Unable to retrieve my data from a View in Database into Appian RT/ ER

Certified Associate Developer

Hi Experts,

Need your help in the following issue:

I have created one view that is getting data from a table in a DB.

Then I created the CDT for the same from that DB and then the DS is also verified and published with no error.

But on retrieving the data from a DB rom a query entity I am getting the following error:

Using the Record Type also I am getting the following error while viewing the Record list, We have only 194 records in that view: 

Please help me to identify the cause of the error. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to MaryamLNU

Can you share the CDT and XSD details of view? Specifically, primary key information.

It appears to me a silly mistake around primary key configuration.

I am ruling out the threshold or memory issue as QE not retrieving a single row with primary key only.

• One thing I always like to rule out when a DS is published successfully, but cannot access data, is that this is not an Oracle database with the view residing in a different schema than the home schema of the user account.  In this case, we need to create a synonym to the view, in the home schema of the database account.  This may not be the case, but for a while there has been a discrepancy with Oracle DBs and the different Java libraries that Appian uses for database validation, vs connection at runtime (Teneo vs Hibernate).  One can access objects in a different schema and one cannot.

However the memory and timeout error do not tend to this situation, typically we would see "table does not exist" or something of the sort.  Just to note.

Certified Lead Developer

How long does the query takes to execute and what's the size of the datasubset received? YOu can check it directly in the database......