Excel spreadsheet columns should be expanded to the correct width of the contents present in the each cells

Certified Associate Developer

I'm using "Copy document" and "Export  Data Store entity to Excel" smart services in a process model to generate a excel sheet. While the sheet is generated when the contents are displayed, the cells don't fit to the width of the contents within them. In excel we can generally expand according to the width of the contents by selecting all rows and columns and double clicking in the middle of any two columns. But that is after generating the file. So, I want this columns to be auto adjusted or expanded while generating itself. how do I make this happen?

Now,

How I need it to be,

Thanks,

Shravan

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Sanchit Gupta (Xebia)
    you can provide it in Document to Update input parameter

Yeah, which is of course 100% unacceptable (when it comes to being the *only* method of providing additional updates to an existing file). There is absolutely no excuse for forcing us to use Copy Document prior to running this node if we want to simulate the "base template" experience, which was provided OOB in "Export CDT to Excel" and "Export SQL to Excel" in the Excel Tools plug-in, etc.

But yes, in all my previous tests, 100% of the contents of the target worksheet were overwritten (as far as i remember), so it looks as if they've at least improved upon that aspect.  It's probably been a few Appian Versions since I last tested it, so I assume they may have snuck in some improvements they didn't mention.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt
    There is absolutely no excuse for forcing us to use Copy Document prior to running this node

Totally agree with that, they should provide the similar functionality for this node too.

100% of the contents of the target worksheet were overwritten

Yes I have heard this from you on some other thread alsoJoy but yeah seems like they did some fixes/improvements around that part.