To save with variable in save() function

Hi,

I want to save one variable which i created in with and values of that variable are getting update on basis of drop down.

I am using that variable(dataset) further to display something. But when i am trying to save any value in that dataset.

I am getting error

Expression evaluation error in rule 'rule_Test' (called by rules 'rule_test1' > 'rule_test2') at function a!applyComponents [line 176]: An error occurred while executing a save: Expression evaluation error: The save target must be a load() variable, process variable, or node input (or a rule input passed one of those three), but instead was:

What i sthe workaround to save the values of with variable instead to use load one as error says. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sauravk
    I'm a little unclear still what you're trying to accomplish, but with() variables are NOT meant to be saved into directly - they are meant only to automatically evaluate based on changes (if applicable) in the data in their original definitions. Hence why you're getting the error message which is expected.
  • Then in my case how will i achieve my goal.
    I need to compare data dynamically. I mean first time if i select anything in with than i am preparing this dataset which i am passing to another rule under grid layout(Under new with) where i am comparing two field values , but my validation is working with existing values in dataset, but when i enter new value in both fields which is not available in that dataset, than i am getting this error as i am trying to save this value in this dataset.
    I need to compare data dynamically. I mean first time if i select anything in with than i am preparing this dataset which i am passing to another rule under grid layout(Under new with) where i am comparing two field values , but my validation is working with existing values in dataset, but when i enter new value in both fields which is not available in that dataset, than i am getting this error as i am trying to save this value in this dataset.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sauravk
    I'm not clear what exactly you're trying to do - can you start out by explaining your use case at a more high level?

It looks like you're trying to directly edit a data set, and in that case the usual method is to query the original data in-process, and pass it into your SAIL form via a rule input (ri!) variable. Your editable grid is then free to save changed values into the ri! variable, which in this case acts similar to a load() variable. You would then save any changes back to the database in your process model after the form is submitted.

(Also: in the case where your reply accidentally gets submitted multiple times, you can click the "More" link under the comment body and "Delete" on the extra copies.)
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to sauravk

Also, just as a suggestion, where you do this:

saveInto: {
    ri!masterDataSet[ri!index].nameCopy,
    a!save(
    ri!masterDataSet[ri!index].nameCopy,
    upper(
    ri!masterDataSet[ri!index].nameCopy
    )
    )
    }