IN RECORD TYPE, HOW TO PASS PARAMETER IN A LIST ACTION?

I have created a record type.

In record, I have a List action to Add new record, i want to pass a parameter,so that when the list action button is clicked this parameter will passed to the process model so that the respective UI will be fetched.

HOW TO PASS PARAMETER IN A LIST ACTION?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to venkat Avuluri

If I call record action of parent wont it create a new parent record? I get your point in creating child records when you are using parent record action. But i dont want new parent record. For existing parent record itself i will create multiple child records. is it possible using the above approach? i tried using start process link, that worked like charm but the mail issue is its redirecting to the child record from where i clicked add new report and not showing the new report created.

in reply to aishwaryaa5112
    If I call record action of parent wont it create a new parent record

No, it's not gonna create a new parent record (we are using record action not record list action). Record action takes context , we gonna provide that context (parent id that already exists) from child .

but the mail issue is its redirecting to the child record from where i clicked add new report and not showing the new report created.

Same things gonna happen with your current approach to . After completion it's gonna come back to summary view of older child record. Sorry to say but your approach is bit wrong. 

Either you need to change your relationship ,It means make the child as parent and Current parent as Look up table or Master table. Or Using above approach i have mentioned

in reply to venkat Avuluri

if its gonna redirect then even record action will have same problem. i got it. Will think of another work around.