file upload without Form submission?

Hi All,

I have a requirement to upload attachments to a target folder location and assign them before perform submit on UI screen. Is there ant way I can achieve this?

Thanks in advannce.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• /*If I pass the integration call in onSuccess part & submit:True for the button -> File uploaded in Appian & Integration not called*/
    buttons: {
      a!buttonWidget(
        label: "Button",
        style: "NORMAL",
        saveInto: {
          a!submitUploadedFiles(
            onSuccess: {
              a!save(local!submissionSuccessful, true),
              a!save(
                local!responseData,
                rule!File_Upload_Check(doc: local!file, doc_Type: "Test_Dummy").result.body.success
              )
            },
            onError: {
              a!save(local!submissionSuccessful, false),
              a!save(local!errorCode, fv!error)
            }
          )
        },
        submit: true,
        validationGroup: "Test"
      )
    }

/*If I pass the integration call in onSuccess part & submit: True has been commented for the button -> File not uploaded & Appian Integration not called at all*/
      a!buttonWidget(
          a!submitUploadedFiles(
              a!save(local!submissionSuccessful, true),
              a!save(
                local!responseData,
                rule!File_Upload_Check(doc: local!file, doc_Type: "Test_Dummy").result.body.success
              )
            },
            }
          )
        },
        /*submit: true,*/
      )
    }

/*If I pass the integration call in as 2nd saveinto part next to a!submitUploadedFiles function & submit:True for the button -> File not uploaded & Appian Integration not called*/
      a!buttonWidget(
          a!submitUploadedFiles(
              a!save(local!submissionSuccessful, true)
            },
            }
          ),
          a!save(
            local!responseData,
          )
        },
        submit: true,
      )
    }

Hi Mike - Thanks for your suggestion. Please find the code & let me know your thoughts

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Vaithyanathan Raju

i was more hoping you'd edit your original comment, but this works too i guess Stuck out tongue

Certified Lead Developer

So i've recreated something similar in my CE site, and I can't get the form (When viewed as a portal) to call the integration correctly at all - I just get a generic message, "The system has encountered an Error".  This is even when trying to call the integration on a tiny document I pre-loaded into my filesystem and reference via a constant.  The same thing works fine when I try it from the Interface Designer.

• Hi Mike - Thanks for your response. I made some changes and first button with "Submit: true" will save the doc in Appian & I used 2nd button to call the process model in which I configured the integration as smart service which worked Slight smile

Certified Lead Developer

That's a good idea.  Did you happen to try putting both of those functions in the same button?  I'm curious whether it'll work at this point.  I expect *something* along these lines should.

Certified Associate Developer

@sharathp0003
    in Appian 23.3 appian introduce a!submitUploadedFiles() function in this function you can use in save into parametar for the upload file without form submission