Apache changes to serve CSE content?

Certified Lead Developer

I've loaded up the new installer gotten etc/hosts set up for my dynamic and static domains. I also added virtual hosts at :443 to Apache to ensure it was listening.

However, if I try to run a CSE, the URL generated is returning a 404 for the static content.

Based on Mod-jk is set up, my thinking is that all static content under the /rest/* URI path is trying to be served by Apache NOT Tomcat, which doesn't make sense given the content is zipped right? I tweaked mod-jk with another !no-jk rule and I'm able to get past the 404.

My question is: Should I have had to make a change to Apache to get this to work or am I missing something elsewhere config-wise?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Justin, is the base URL here the site URL or the dynamic content URL? The content of the extension zip is automatically exploded and hosted by Tomcat, but the requests for that content will target the dynamic content domain instead of the main site domain. Your web server config should accept requests for the dynamic domain, but all requests for that domain should be forwarded to Tomcat regardless of path or extension.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Jacob Rank

The base is the dynamic content URL. Example from my faked dynamic domain: 

My appian-localhost-dynamic domain can serve other static content (I tested some random images under the ear) but is returning 403 for generic dynamic URIs like /suite/, and 404 for any of the static CSE files, unless I change JK rules.

To your last point, should I specifically point the dynamic domain to tomcat? Or are you suggesting the documented Apache config for Appian should take care of this for me?

Edit: I suppose there might be a configuration wrong somewhere as I'm getting spammed by this error in the logs:

2018-12-19 22:57:37.548 INFO [ajp-nio-8009-exec-10] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke 2018-12-19 22:57:37,511 [ajp-nio-8009-exec-10] WARN  com.appiancorp.security.auth.activity.UserActivityFilter - Could not record user activity: secCtx=....

I've seen this before but never knew what caused it, and unfortunately Community has been unhelpful in resolving, so I'm not sure if a red herring.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Jacob Rank

The base is the dynamic content URL. Example from my faked dynamic domain: 

My appian-localhost-dynamic domain can serve other static content (I tested some random images under the ear) but is returning 403 for generic dynamic URIs like /suite/, and 404 for any of the static CSE files, unless I change JK rules.

To your last point, should I specifically point the dynamic domain to tomcat? Or are you suggesting the documented Apache config for Appian should take care of this for me?

Edit: I suppose there might be a configuration wrong somewhere as I'm getting spammed by this error in the logs:

2018-12-19 22:57:37.548 INFO [ajp-nio-8009-exec-10] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke 2018-12-19 22:57:37,511 [ajp-nio-8009-exec-10] WARN  com.appiancorp.security.auth.activity.UserActivityFilter - Could not record user activity: secCtx=....

I've seen this before but never knew what caused it, and unfortunately Community has been unhelpful in resolving, so I'm not sure if a red herring.

Children
No Data