Drag Sort

Overview

Drag Sort provides two components: DragSortSimpleField and DragSortDualField.

1. DragSortSimpleField is a single column list that allows the user to drag and drop items to sort them.
  2. DragSortDualField is a two column list that allows the user to drag and drop items from one column to the other.

These components are useful for ordering a list of items, or selecting items from a list.

Key Features & Functionality

DragSortSimpleField:

• A single-column list
  • Provide a list of labels and IDs
  • Users drag and drop items to reorder the list

DragSortDualField:

• Provide two lists of labels and IDs
  • Users drag and drop items between the two lists
  • Users drag and drop to reorder items in either list

The order of the IDs is saved into Appian for further use.

Note: The background color of an item that is being dragged is set to the accent color of the site/environment that the component is in.

Anonymous
Parents
  • Hi there,

what SAIL components can we drag and drop , can we drag and drop cards from one column to another?

• harshs0002,

This component supports text lists (displayed) and integer ids (as their values).  It returns a list of ordered integer ids.  If you look at the screenshot that shows the code for dragSortSimpleField, you'll see that it follows the same pattern as an Appian a!dropdownField() with choiceLabels and choiceValues.

Unfortunately Appian does not support nested Sail components in component plugins (correct me if I'm wrong though).  

Hope this helps,

Joshua
    Faraday Software

Comment
  • harshs0002,

This component supports text lists (displayed) and integer ids (as their values).  It returns a list of ordered integer ids.  If you look at the screenshot that shows the code for dragSortSimpleField, you'll see that it follows the same pattern as an Appian a!dropdownField() with choiceLabels and choiceValues.

Unfortunately Appian does not support nested Sail components in component plugins (correct me if I'm wrong though).  

Hope this helps,

Joshua
    Faraday Software

Children
No Data