User Account Email Logs?

Is there a log provided that lists all the emails sent out by Appian?

I'm only interested in emails that are sent by Appian during user account creation and user account password resets.

Thanks!

OriginalPostID-273706

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    you can try cleaning the Server as well as Appian Log, then try creating a User Account & try to check in logs about email logging, to figure it out, you can do this R&D and let me know if this gives you any conclusion
  • As far as I know, Appian relies on email relay server configuration. So, the email relay needs to be working for the Appian installation.
    To get information about what emails were sent via Appian - you have two log files that may help. 1. mail-listener.log and 2. application-server.log.
    mail-listener has some details about email sent.
    application-server.log also gets updated whenever emails are sent or an email sending fails.

To get a historical data of all the emails sent, you can refer the old logs of application-server.log. Appian periodically checkpoints old log files.. so, unless you have cleaned them, you can get the historical data.

If you are looking to automate this, you will have to write some utility to parse and extract the lines in the log related to the email sent.

I guess your use-case is to find out 1. which user account was created when 2. when was the password reset for that user account.
    For 1, simply use the user() function with "created" attribute.
    For 2, we do not have anything in-built in Appian. You will have to extract that info. from the logs.