Hi All I have a portal page having more than one channel. Can I decide

Certified Senior Developer
Hi All
I have a portal page having more than one channel.
Can I decide the viewing privileges at runtime.
I understand that one can decide the target audience to clicking on target, but that is hard coded to a group or User.
But what if, the user whom this channel has to be visible will be decided at run time. Therefore, I want to decide the person who is actually involved in the process should only see the channel.
Is this feasible?

Thanks...

OriginalPostID-76167

OriginalPostID-76167

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • If you want to show or hide a channel at runtime, you need to know the group prior-hand. This is what you will set as the Channel target. If it's the data within the channel, you have some degree of control over it by using the process-instance security. For e.g. a single report can display different data based on the security of the user. Same applies to KB or Folders. As @Stefan had stated, Web content with Dynamic data channel allows you to show info by putting Expressions based on role. This is an ideal candidate for use cases such as yours.
    With the above said catering for most of the requirement, what else do you need to do at Runtime that cannot be categorized within these categories?
  • If you want to show or hide a channel at runtime, you need to know the group prior-hand. This is what you will set as the Channel target. If it's the data within the channel, you have some degree of control over it by using the process-instance security. For e.g. a single report can display different data based on the security of the user. Same applies to KB or Folders. As @Stefan had stated, Web content with Dynamic data channel allows you to show info by putting Expressions based on role. This is an ideal candidate for use cases such as yours.
    With the above said catering for most of the requirement, what else do you need to do at Runtime that cannot be categorized within these categories?
Children
No Data