Reset password failing

Hi,

I am reseting a user password and i receive the email with the password for that purpose.

But when i put that password it says the user or the password are incorrect.

Now i can't login with that user on the application. Creating a new user and deleting this one is not an option right now.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Check for audit logs.

Password Resets

When a user resets their password by following an email generated by the Forgot Password page, Appian logs information in a comma-separated (CSV) file, password_resets.csv, in <AE_HOME>/logs/audit/. Data captured includes the following: 

Timestamp Date and time when the request was made in yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss format.
    Username The user whose password was reset.
    User IP Address The IP address that the application server associated with this request.
    Source The initiator of the password reset process. Valid values: "Forgot Password." 

Forgot Password Requests

User requests to reset a forgotten password are logged in a comma-separated (CSV) file, forgot_password_requests.csv, in <AE_HOME>/logs/audit/. Data captured includes the following:

Column Description
    Timestamp Date and time when the request was made in yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss format.
    Username The username entered in the reset request.
    Email Address The email address to which the email was sent. If no email was sent, this field will be blank.
    Email Type The type of email sent. Valid values are: "Password Reset," "Deactivated User," "Password Not Old Enough," and "Not Authenticated Through Appian." The value may also be blank if an email was not sent. In such a case, "Reason Email Was Not Sent" will have a value explaining why an email was not sent.
    Requestor IP Address The IP address that the application server associated with this request.
    Reason Email Was Not Sent

The value will be empty if email was sent. Otherwise, value will be one of the following:

• Hi, I only find this files on the directory that you pointed:

• The File that has with an information closer that you are saying is this one.

Where i reset a password at 10 jul 2017:

• Hi fredericom

Could you please confirm user is locked or deactived and you can verify user name and password is having any spaces
    As said you can verify audit logs and try to reset password from /designer and /admin console once

Thanks
Reply Children
No Data