Create system administrator account

I have a fresh Appian installation, but can not login with user credentials that I have indicated in password.properties file.
At the same time I can login with an Administrator account.

Further, I'd like to create a system administrator account, but I am unable to do that. When I want to create a new user is prompted a system administrator account.

It is possible to create a system administator or add an Administator account to System Administrator Group without reinstalling Appian?

Thank you

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Can you provide some clarification as to what your issue is?

You say "I can login with an Administrator account." so it seems like you do have access.

I'm not sure what you mean by "When I want to create a new user is prompted a system administrator account." -- can you perhaps rephrase?  Also are you able to access the admin console or not?

Certified Lead Developer

Can you provide some clarification as to what your issue is?

You say "I can login with an Administrator account." so it seems like you do have access.

I'm not sure what you mean by "When I want to create a new user is prompted a system administrator account." -- can you perhaps rephrase?  Also are you able to access the admin console or not?

Children
  • Hi Mike,

As Administrator account I mean the default Appian account ,that is not System Administrator Account.

I am unable to access to admin console, because Appian asks me to be logged on with System Administrator account and not with Administrator account.

That's why, I want to create a System Administrator Account or make my Administrator account as System Administrator.

My Appian version is 17.2 if it helps.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to olegs

As far as I know, the default account called "Administrator" is a system administrator account with the highest possible priveleges. Could you post screenshot(s) of the issue(s) you're having when trying to create additional system admin accounts?

Edit: my info was not quite correct, see 's explanation below.