I tried with 'Automated Import Script' it works fine, but when i change

Certified Lead Developer
I tried with 'Automated Import Script' it works fine, but when i change the cdt defination it throws an error while inspecting.According to this script it should delete the existing CDT Automatically.

OriginalPostID-78499

OriginalPostID-78499

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi Ajinkya, what database are you using, and can you provide the error you are receiving?
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Patty,
    I am using MySql database.
    PFB errors in master log(sorry i am not able to attach log file thats why pasting log here)
    2013-08-27 12:42:25,068 [main] ERROR com.appiancorp.util.BundleUtils - java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name text.java.com.appiancorp.ix.AbstractDriver, locale en_IN
    java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name text.java.com.appiancorp.ix.AbstractDriver, locale en_IN
              at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1499)
              at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:1322)
              at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:1246)
              at com.appiancorp.util.BundleUtils.getBundle(BundleUtils.java:95)
              at com.appiancorp.util.BundleUtils.getText(BundleUtils.java:56)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.AbstractDriver.getText(AbstractDriver.java:180)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.AbstractDriver.getPrimaryErrorsTitleInTransportSummary(AbstractDriver.java:168)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.AbstractDriver.outputTransportSummary(AbstractDriver.java:132)
              at com.appiancorp.applications.DryRunResults.<init>(DryRunResults.java:31)
              at com.appiancorp.importapplication.InspectAndImportApplicationTask.executeInspect(InspectAndImportApplicationTask.java:129)
              at com.appiancorp.importapplication.InspectAndImportApplicationTask.main(InspectAndImportApplicationTask.java:96)
    2013-08-27 12:42:25,069 [main] ERROR com.appiancorp.util.BundleUtils - java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name text.java.com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.ErrorCode, locale en_IN
    java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name text.java.com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.ErrorCode, locale en_IN
              at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:1499)
              at com.appiancorp.util.BundleUtils.getText(BundleUtils.java:56)
              at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.LocaleFormatter.format(LocaleFormatter.java:26)
              at com.appiancorp.exceptions.AppianErrorCode.getMessage(AppianErrorCode.java:165)
              at com.appiancorp.exceptions.AppianErrorCode.getMessageWithCode(AppianErrorCode.java:185)
              at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException.getLocalizedMessageWithErrorCode(AppianException.java:246)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.TransportException.getErrorCodeArguments(TransportException.java:50)
              at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException.getLocalizedMessage(AppianException.java:204)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.diagnostics.Diagnostic.getLocalizedMessage(Diagnostic.java:96)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.AbstractDriver.outputDiagnostic(AbstractDriver.java:194)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.AbstractDriver.outputDiagnostics(AbstractDriver.java:186)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.AbstractDriver.outputTransportSummary(AbstractDriver.java:134)
              at com.appiancorp.applications.DryRunResults.<init>(DryRunResults.java:31)
              at com.appiancorp.importapplication.InspectAndImportApplicationTask.executeInspect(InspectAndImportApplicationTask.java:129)
              at com.appiancorp.importapplication.InspectAndImportApplicationTask.main(InspectAndImportApplicationTask.java:96)
    2013-08-27 12:42:25,069 [main] ERROR com.appiancorp.util.BundleUtils - java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name text.java.com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.ErrorCode, locale en_IN
    java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name text.java.com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.ErrorCode, locale en_IN
              at com.appiancorp.util.BundleUtil
  • Hi Ajinkya, the error indicates that a file it is missing a file associated with locale en_IN, however, I do not see en_IN as an out of the box properties file. Where did you get this file, or does this file exist. Additionally, please view the following documentation for internationalization settings: forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_the_Default_Language_and_Timezone

I also spoke with Sylvain Furt, the author of the Automated Import Script plugin. It only deletes when you import, not when you inspect. Changing the CDT definition with a supported operation like adding a field should work and the inspect should succeed.
  • Patty is correct, it appears that the java is running on a locale that is known by Appian. Could you change the locale to en_US and try again?
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi sylvain,
    i am getting below error while importing the application

com.appiancorp.ix.ConsumerException: type=datatype, srcId={172.18.1.27:8080/.../}AI_Employee, dstId=6018, cause=com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: The import package contains a definition for the type {172.18.1.27:8080/.../}AI_Employee, which already exists with a different structure. The requested type will not be created and the existing type will not be altered. You must first delete the existing type if you intend to redefine it with a different structure. (APNX-1-4047-010), object=com.appiancorp.ix.data.DatatypeHaul@13e58ab
              at com.appiancorp.ix.ImportConsumer.consume(ImportConsumer.java:40)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.Transport.doTransport(Transport.java:378)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.Transport.transport(Transport.java:315)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.Transport.bind(Transport.java:146)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.Transport.bind(Transport.java:133)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.Transport.transportAll(Transport.java:222)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.TransportDriver.transportAll(TransportDriver.java:37)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.AbstractDriver.runTransport(AbstractDriver.java:68)
              at com.appiancorp.importapplication.InspectAndImportApplicationTask.executeInspect(InspectAndImportApplicationTask.java:125)
    Caused by: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: The import package contains a definition for the type {172.18.1.27:8080/.../}AI_Employee, which already exists with a different structure. The requested type will not be created and the existing type will not be altered. You must first delete the existing type if you intend to redefine it with a different structure. (APNX-1-4047-010)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.data.DatatypeHaul.validateForUpdate(DatatypeHaul.java:376)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.data.DatatypeHaul.validateForUpdate(DatatypeHaul.java:89)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.HaulImportConsumer.validateForUpdate(HaulImportConsumer.java:45)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.HaulImportConsumer.validateForUpdate(HaulImportConsumer.java:21)
              at com.appiancorp.ix.ImportConsumer.consume(ImportConsumer.java:37)
              ... 9 more
  • Hi Ajinka, the error indicates that AI_Employee already exists with a different structure. Have you tried deleting Al_Employee before running the script again?
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi Patty, when i delete CDT it works fine, but according to script CDT will get delete automatically.
  • Please tell me if the error persists if you delete AI_Employee from the database, and then re-run the script.