Is anyone out there using microsoft sql express 2005 with an appian installation

Is anyone out there using microsoft sql express 2005 with an appian installation of v7.2?
I could use some help or pointers with the ds config. It will not honor the example on the installation docs or the version I had working for 6.7.
Thanks, James...

OriginalPostID-79072

OriginalPostID-79072

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • James, have you tried using one of the tools such as SQL Developer, Toad etc., to establish a JDBC based connection to your SQL server? What I am trying here is to ensure that the SQL server can be successfully queried using the JDBC protocol. In the past, I have come across similar issues between SQL Server and the Express version. I remember that the JDBC URL had to be constructed differently for the two of them. Let me see if I can find more info on this but please do the test first. Secondly, if you have integrated authentication enabled, you may want to ensure that the JBOSS runs as the account that has been authenticated. By default, when you run JBOSS service, it runs as 'Local machine' and not as any user.
  • James, have you tried using one of the tools such as SQL Developer, Toad etc., to establish a JDBC based connection to your SQL server? What I am trying here is to ensure that the SQL server can be successfully queried using the JDBC protocol. In the past, I have come across similar issues between SQL Server and the Express version. I remember that the JDBC URL had to be constructed differently for the two of them. Let me see if I can find more info on this but please do the test first. Secondly, if you have integrated authentication enabled, you may want to ensure that the JBOSS runs as the account that has been authenticated. By default, when you run JBOSS service, it runs as 'Local machine' and not as any user.
Children
No Data