Unlock Single User Account

Certified Lead Developer

In suite/admin, there is a checkbox to enable "Lock Accounts After Failed Logins" under Authentication>Appian.

In the event that an account is locked, the account can be Unlocked Automatically, if the appropriate settings are made, i.e. "Unlock Accounts Automatically" and "Lock Duration (Minutes)".

In the event that a user locks themselves out, but urgently needs access to the environment before the Lock Duration expires, I have noticed I can uncheck "Lock Accounts After Failed Logins", and the user can immediately login.

Though this is a fine approach for development environments, I am concerned for any Production environment that may run into this scenario.  Perhaps a Manager needs to fill out the TPS reports before close of business, for example.  My Concern is that by doing this, All accounts are unlocked.  I know my TPS Manager is actively attempting to login to his account, and I know it's him cause he's on the support call.  I do not know if any other users are being maliciously targeted at the time (without extensively researching login log and making determinations based on activity I see there).

Is there a way to only unlock my TPS Manager in this scenario?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data