Error "ensureSsPid" from serch- server. Appian 17.4

I'm runnig Appian from Windows 10,

mysql-installer-community-5.7.20.0

I´m able to start appian services, but when i start the search-server i see in the console the following message "El sistema no encuentra la etiqueta por lotes especificada: ensureSsPid",

if i try to start it again, i see "The Appian Search Server is already running." 

Next, I run Jboos, it starts, but I can´t loggin  into "http://<FQDN>:8080/suite", i get an authentication error, i try to log with the user added in "passwords.properties " file.

Regards.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Tanks for your reply.

Sorry but i can´t find the "elasticsearch" file or folder in this path "search-server/plugin" , i jut have "appian-es-auth" and "delete-by-query" folders inside these path.

Its a new intall of Appian 17.4

regards
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to jessg
    Hi I actually meant appian-es-auth....delete that folder and then try restart of search server
  • I couldn´t tried it.

My temp license has expired and im waiting for a new one.
  • I Have tried it, but i get the same errors.

Serch-server error:

The file ss.pid was present, but the process no longer exists.
    Calling start.conf.bat
    SS_JAVA_OPTS: -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:C
    MSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=75 -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -Djava.awt.h
    eadless=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Duser.timezone=GMT
    The system cannot find the batch label specified - ensureSsPid

App log error: authentication error ( Error 401 - Unauthorized )

Regards.
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to jessg
    I think I have encountered your issue before which has to deal with environment variables and folder security. Do the following:

1. Change the PATH environment variable to add quotes if you have spaces in between folder names. For instance if you jdk is installed in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk_1.8.151, put a quotes like "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk_1.8.151\bin" inside PATH and then create a user specified environment variable for JAVA_HOME with C:\Program Files\Java\jdk_18.151 without quotes.

2. Right click on the main appian folder and click properties and change the security to include yourself to have full permission on all folders and sub folders of appian.

3. Install the latest hotfix for the version that you are trying to install.
  • Thanks again for ur reply, i have got start serch server succesfully , but I'm still with errors, now on Jboss.

1. I fixed the path and added the new variable in user variables.
    2. I already has full permision in the appian forlder, its the same user who created the folder, its the owner folder.
    3. I istalled the fix

But the jboss server dosent start, this is the error, i see in the console:

15:57:59,636 INFO [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS015899: JBoss EAP6.4.0.GA (AS 7.5.0.Final-redhat-21) starting
    15:58:01,745 WARN [org.jboss.messaging] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 2) JBAS011618: There is no resource matching the expiry-address jms.queue.ExpiryQueue for the address-settings #, expired messages from destinations matching this addres s-setting will be lost!
    15:58:01,745 WARN [org.jboss.messaging] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 2) JBAS011619: There is no resource matching the dead-letter-address jms.queue.DLQ for the address-settings #, undelivered messages from destinations matching this address-setting will be lost!
    15:58:11,276 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 12) JBAS014612: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([("deployment" => "suite.ear")]) - failure description: "JBAS014803: Duplicate resource [(\"deployment\" => \"suite.ear\")]"
    15:58:11,276 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) "JBAS014784: Failed executing subsystem deployment-scanner boot operations"
    15:58:11,292 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014612: Operation ("parallel-subsystem-boot") failed - address: ([]) - failure description: "\"JBAS014784: Failed executing subsystem deployment-scanner boot operations\""
    15:58:11,292 FATAL [org.jboss.as.server] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS015957: Server boot has failed in an unrecoverable manner; exiting. See previous messagesfor details.
    15:58:11,433 INFO [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS015950: JBoss EAP6.4.0.GA (AS 7.5.0.Final-redhat-21) stopped in 15ms
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to jessg
    Do the following:
    1. Go to appian/ear and change suite.ear.failed to suite.ear.dodeploy. Then go to jboss-eap-6.4/standalone/deployments and change appian-ds.xml.failed to appian-ds.xml.dodeploy. Set JBOSS_HOME = whereever you installed jboss.Then restart jboss.
    2. If the above fix didn't work, then go to jboss-eap-6.4/bin/standalone.sh and change the mem_args from 2048 by 4096 to 1024 by 2048...may be you don't have enough ram to run at 4 GB. Only do this second step if the first one doesn't resolve.
  • Hi, Im sorry, i don´t understand to you, what do you meant with " Set JBOSS_HOME = whereever you installed jboss"?
    It´s a new environment variable? or where do i have to set JBOSS home?

Thanks and Regards.
Reply Children
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to jessg
    let's say this is windows environment and you installed appian under C:\appian and you installed jboss under C:\appian\bin\jboss\jboss-eap-6.4. Then you would set your environment variable for JBOSS_HOME as C:\appian\bin\jboss\jboss-eap-6.4. I usually set it at command prompt from whereever I am runnng jboss by doing: set JBOSS_HOME=C:\appian\bin\jboss\jboss-eap-6.4.
    Anything works...if this is for your company's real environment and you are doing this on a server like Windows Server 2012, then I would recommend it by doing through environment variables rather than executing it through command prompt.
  • Ok now i can understand it.

Yes Im doing through environment variable on windows Server 2012 and im doing too on local computer with windows 10.
    Go to set the JBOSS variables....

I have to send to You some beers for ur time...

Regards.
  • Hi, Im here again,
    I Added the JBOSS_HOME. but i have the same errors. I can see in jboos logs:

"15:35:39,322 INFO [stdout] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 64) at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:122)

15:35:39,343 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/suite]] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 64) JBWEB000287: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.appiancorp.common.AppianSpringContextLoaderListener: com.appiancorp.common.config.FatalConfigurationException: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: The internal encryption module is in an inconsistent state. The keystore password is not present in the Appian data source. If migrating or restoring from backup, ensure that the Appian data source contains all of the tables and data. (APNX-1-4210-004)
    at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianRuntimeException.<init>(AppianRuntimeException.java:45) [appian-suiteapi-17.4.46.0.jar:]
    at com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianRuntimeException.<init>(AppianRuntimeException.java:33) [appian-suiteapi-17.4.46.0.jar:]"

Regards
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to jessg
    the reason why jboss failed is because of the following:

1. You didn't migrate the appian/_admin/shared folder from old installation to new installation.
    2. Keystore file is not matching with the primary databaes(did you provide the correct database name, user account credentials etc from the old installation?)

Please validate these and let me know.
  • Hi, it was a new installation, i started again from the begining and now with ur tricks i have got start JBOSS and APPIAN server is running!!!

Now i can logging with the new user created in password file, but something is wrong, I can´t acces to "http://<FQDN>:8080/suite/admin", the page is reloading all the time and its empty...

For now its fine and we can work with this installation... amybe if we can add users, ... I have to fix the admin service.

Thanks a lot. for ur work

Regards.
  • Hi, it was a new installation, i started again from the begining and now with ur tricks i have got start JBOSS and APPIAN server is running!!!

Now i can logging with the new user created in password file, but something is wrong, I can´t acces to "http://<FQDN>:8080/suite/admin", the page is reloading all the time and its empty...

For now its fine and we can work with this installation... amybe if we can add users, ... I have to fix the admin service.

Thanks a lot. for ur work

Regards.