Automatically Change a Password of a User

Hi Guys, 

How to reset a password of a user using an Appian Process. The scenario is that since the password expiry is configured to all users, we want to automatically(using process) reset the password of a single user before his/her password expires. Is there a plugin for this?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Rye

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Hi I believe it's not a good idea to reset users password automatically. Because in such case if users email is wrong, he won't be aware of his new password, so there is no difference between password expired and re-set, because in both the case user won't have access to their account.

In fact that's the work of Admin, so user can send an email, so that admin can confirm his email address and accordingly re-set/forget his password and an email will be triggered to their actual email id with a temporary password and he can set his desired password.

Hope it will help you.
  • Hi Alok, let say there's a user used for API calls only, are there alternatives on how to implement this? The password should not expire so that API calls will not fail.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to riang
    Hi i agree with you, but let's say you have reconfigured/reset the user's account password, but still in such cases your/Other System(Who are depending upon your API) need to reconfigure it(their password), else they will face UnAuthorized Access issue.

SO, i believe the best way could be, either don't set the user's password expiry, else if it's already set, in such case generate a Task and assign it to Admin Team to act upon, and they are only responsible to update the Appian Object as well as inform to 3rd Party System about the password change, to avoid UnAuthorized Access issue.

Hope this will help you.
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to riang
    Hi i agree with you, but let's say you have reconfigured/reset the user's account password, but still in such cases your/Other System(Who are depending upon your API) need to reconfigure it(their password), else they will face UnAuthorized Access issue.

SO, i believe the best way could be, either don't set the user's password expiry, else if it's already set, in such case generate a Task and assign it to Admin Team to act upon, and they are only responsible to update the Appian Object as well as inform to 3rd Party System about the password change, to avoid UnAuthorized Access issue.

Hope this will help you.
Children