Process to escalate only necessary Appian alerts to the NOC team

We implemented a process where every time an alert is sent by the Appian alerting system (like coding issues in a process model) or alerts sent by the server (server is down, engines are not working, etc.) an email is sent to the NOC team so the issue is escalated and then they engage the resources, if needed, to solve the problems.

A lot of the Appian alerts we receive do not need to be escalated and they can wait hours before the issues gets fixed (these alerts I am referring to are particular process instances that failed and do not interrupt business operations and, hence, can wait). Questions:

1. Is there anything out there that I can use to determine the severity level of Appian alerts and, for example, if the severity is high, send email to NOC team, else, don't. If there is something I can reuse, I could build a process in Appian to read alerts, determine their severity and then send to NOC team when needed. 

2. If there is nothing out there, is there anything on the near future that Appian is working on to enhance alerting issues? If not, is there any way we can build a plugin to accomplish this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Hi  I believe this is something which can be deal/customise by Appian Developer.

Let's say you have process A and process B, where the alerts generated from process A will be treated as critical because it's adding value to the business, whereas process B do not impact the business value, if there are some issues in it, as you have mention.

In such case we can create 2 admin groups like,

My Group Admin and My Group Admin Escalation (to deal with severity level of issues which adds the value to the customer)

Now configure My Group Admin Escalation in Alert settings of the process A (Adds the value to business and needed to be fix) and configure My Group Admin in Alert settings of process B (which do not add values to business, and you don't want to fix, or may be later point of time you want to fix it)

Now for now, do not add any user under My Group Admin Group as you don't want to get any alerts related to process B but add all the admin users under My Group Admin Escalation Group, because as a admin, you want to receive this alerts, in order to fix it as soon as possible.

In this way you can categories your Alert settings behaviour/functionality in Appian.

Hope this will help for your scenario.

Certified Lead Developer

Hi  I believe this is something which can be deal/customise by Appian Developer.

Let's say you have process A and process B, where the alerts generated from process A will be treated as critical because it's adding value to the business, whereas process B do not impact the business value, if there are some issues in it, as you have mention.

In such case we can create 2 admin groups like,

My Group Admin and My Group Admin Escalation (to deal with severity level of issues which adds the value to the customer)

Now configure My Group Admin Escalation in Alert settings of the process A (Adds the value to business and needed to be fix) and configure My Group Admin in Alert settings of process B (which do not add values to business, and you don't want to fix, or may be later point of time you want to fix it)

Now for now, do not add any user under My Group Admin Group as you don't want to get any alerts related to process B but add all the admin users under My Group Admin Escalation Group, because as a admin, you want to receive this alerts, in order to fix it as soon as possible.

In this way you can categories your Alert settings behaviour/functionality in Appian.

Hope this will help for your scenario.

Children
No Data