Unable to acquire a Read connection. Safe to retry.

Hi all, I am getting this error after starting the gateway. This is after engines and search started up (in that order) and seem to be running correctly.

05:47:43,127 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host].[/suite]] (ServerService Thread Pool -- 77) JBWEB000287: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.appiancorp.common.Bootst
rapSpringContextLoaderListener: com.appiancorp.common.config.FatalConfigurationException: com.appiancorp.suiteapi.common.exceptions.AppianException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'localeCo
nfig' defined in com.appiancorp.common.spring.BootstrapSpringConfig: Bean instantiation via factory method failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.appiancorp.ap2.LocaleConfig]:
 Factory method 'localeConfig' threw exception; nested exception is com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.exceptions.SafeRetryException: Unable to acquire a Read connection. Safe to retry.                                                                  
        at com.appiancorp.common.BootstrapSpringContextLoaderListener.createBootstrapContext(BootstrapSpringContextLoaderListener.java:84) [appian-ae-17.4.29.0.jar:]                                                                                
        at com.appiancorp.common.BootstrapSpringContextLoaderListener.lambda$doContextInitialized$1(BootstrapSpringContextLoaderListener.java:71) [appian-ae-17.4.29.0.jar:]                                                                         
        at com.appiancorp.security.changelog.AuditLogLocationService.callWithLocation(AuditLogLocationService.java:20) [appian-ae-17.4.29.0.jar:]                                                                                                    
        at com.appiancorp.common.BootstrapSpringContextLoaderListener.doContextInitialized(BootstrapSpringContextLoaderListener.java:67) [appian-ae-17.4.29.0.jar:]                                                                                  
        at com.appiancorp.common.web.StartupHaltingServletContextListener$1.run(StartupHaltingServletContextListener.java:74) [appian-ae-17.4.29.0.jar:]                                                                                             
        at com.appiancorp.security.changelog.AuditLogLocationService.runWithLocation(AuditLogLocationService.java:38) [appian-ae-17.4.29.0.jar:]                                                                                                     
        at com.appiancorp.common.web.StartupHaltingServletContextListener.contextInitialized(StartupHaltingServletContextListener.java:71) [appian-ae-17.4.29.0.jar:]                                                                                
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.contextListenerStart(StandardContext.java:3339) [jbossweb-7.5.24.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.5.24.Final-redhat-1]                                                                                       
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3780) [jbossweb-7.5.24.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.5.24.Final-redhat-1]                                                                                                      
        at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService.doStart(WebDeploymentService.java:163) [jboss-as-web-7.5.17.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.5.17.Final-redhat-4]                                                                                    
        at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService.access$000(WebDeploymentService.java:61) [jboss-as-web-7.5.17.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.5.17.Final-redhat-4]                                                                                  
        at org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebDeploymentService$1.run(WebDeploymentService.java:96) [jboss-as-web-7.5.17.Final-redhat-4.jar:7.5.17.Final-redhat-4]                                                                                       
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [rt.jar:1.8.0_141]                                                                                                                                                
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [rt.jar:1.8.0_141]                                                                                                                                                               
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [rt.jar:1.8.0_141]                                                                                                                                        
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [rt.jar:1.8.0_141]                                                                                                                                        
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [rt.jar:1.8.0_141]                                                                                                                                                                                  
        at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:122)  

The gateway, search and engines are on three separate machines. The appian-topology is configured accordingly. I wasn't sure where to put Kafka/ZooKeeper so I put them as the same machine as the engines.

Someone told me I need to run "checkengine.sh" but I don't seem to have this file in my Appian installation. I am running Appian 17.4. Also, I don't know if it should have been run on the gateway machine or engine machine or both? When engines start up, it reports they started successfully.

When I go to /suite/designer in a web browser, I get an error message "JBWEB000065: HTTP Status 404 - /suite/designer". This may be due to the earlier errors.

Your help would be much appreciated!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data