Not able to start All services

Hi , 

Have a distributed server set up(17.3) on windows which was UP  for a while and crashed later. While trying to restart only analytics services are getting started  and all others services are down . Any suggestion around how to proceed and trouble shoot/fix the issue to restart  will be helpful.

Thanks!!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hello Mohamed,

What do you get in the <APPIAN_HOME>/logs/service_manager.log ??

Jose
  • Hey Jose , I couldnt find any log file named service manager.log . Found Zookeeper logs , when i attempt to start services i see this in that logs,

2018-01-11 06:45:02,228 [myid:] - INFO [Thread-47:NIOServerCnxn$StatCommand@663] - Stat command output
    2018-01-11 06:45:02,229 [myid:] - INFO [Thread-47:NIOServerCnxn@1008] - Closed socket connection for client /xxxxxx (no session established for client)
  • can you pls attach the service-manager.log and the kafka logs...
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to mohamedt808
    Firstly how is your distributed setup set as. Are engines being split into multiple servers or just the app servers?

If engines are split into multple servers, I have listed out a bunch of commands looking at the log you supplied. You will have to run these commands based on the engine type. For instance if you run process-execution engines on separate servers, but all other engines on one server, the --service execution00, 01, 02 commands would be run only on that server and the rest of the commands on the server where rest of the engines are hosted.

Run the below commands replacing <PASSWORD> with the password that you created using password.bat in the appian/services/bin folder:

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service notifications --last-transaction 76049'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service portal --last-transaction 76312'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service notifications-email --last-transaction 76322'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service channels --last-transaction 76131'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service process-design --last-transaction 2370771'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service execution00 --last-transaction 78080'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service execution02 --last-transaction 78260'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service execution01 --last-transaction 79680'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service forums --last-transaction 76611'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service download-stats --last-transaction 77601'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service groups --last-transaction 76558'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service portal --last-transaction 76312'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service execution02 --last-transaction 78260'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service process-design --last-transaction 2370771'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service groups --last-transaction 76558'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service execution00 --last-transaction 78080'

'C:\appian\services\lib\scripts\..\..\bin\recovery.bat --password <PASSWORD> --service execution01 --last-transaction 79680'

After this try starting engines again. Please let me know if it works or not.
  • @Aswin, Getting error while running the script that transaction id xxxx is not found .
    A Score Level 2
    in reply to mohamedt808
    Can you pls send me your appian-topology.xml file renaming server names with something like "Server A, "Server B", etc...