Local machine installation without FQDN and Error with starting up a local demo installation

I am trying to set up a local machine to practice and downloaded the temporary key and met all the prerequisites. While following the instructions to make changes to the custom.properties.<ENVIRONMENT>, I don't find any FQDN as per the instructions, so I put in a loopback address 127.0.0.1:8080, and finished all the instructions. I ran the validation and deployment configuration as advised and they show successful, but when I try to start Appian using the instructions, I don't see a successful message - I see two Java windows open up (one is zookeeper and elastic search). What am I missing? Is this  error due to the FQDN or some other attribute that I might have missed? Will appreciate help in this regards.

Thank you in advance 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi

I am also getting the same error while starting Appian 18.4 on local window.
    Error details:
    C:\appian18.4\appian\services\bin>start.bat -p admin -s all
    Starting Distributed Transaction Log
    Exception thrown while attempting to retrieve process info for java process with main Class name QuorumPeerMain.
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "wmic": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
    at com.appian.komodo.util.process.ProcessUtils.runListProcess(ProcessUtils.java:54) ~[core-1.137.12.jar:1.137.12]
    at com.appian.komodo.util.process.ProcessUtils.getRunningJavaPids(ProcessUtils.java:113) ~[core-1.137.12.jar:1.137.12]
    at com.appian.komodo.util.process.ProcessUtils$getRunningJavaPids.callStatic(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallStatic(CallSiteArray.java:56) ~[groovy-all-2.4.12.jar:2.4.12]
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:194) ~[groovy-all-2.4.12.jar:2.4.12]
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:206) ~[groovy-all-2.4.12.jar:2.4.12]
    at com.appian.komodo.JavaProcessUtil.isJavaProcessRunning(JavaProcessUtil.groovy:30) ~[komodo-1.137.12.jar:1.137.12]

Could you please help me understand, how you resolved this error.

Thanks,
    Dipak
  • Hi

I am also getting the same error while starting Appian 18.4 on local window.
    Error details:
    C:\appian18.4\appian\services\bin>start.bat -p admin -s all
    Starting Distributed Transaction Log
    Exception thrown while attempting to retrieve process info for java process with main Class name QuorumPeerMain.
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "wmic": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
    at com.appian.komodo.util.process.ProcessUtils.runListProcess(ProcessUtils.java:54) ~[core-1.137.12.jar:1.137.12]
    at com.appian.komodo.util.process.ProcessUtils.getRunningJavaPids(ProcessUtils.java:113) ~[core-1.137.12.jar:1.137.12]
    at com.appian.komodo.util.process.ProcessUtils$getRunningJavaPids.callStatic(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallStatic(CallSiteArray.java:56) ~[groovy-all-2.4.12.jar:2.4.12]
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:194) ~[groovy-all-2.4.12.jar:2.4.12]
    at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callStatic(AbstractCallSite.java:206) ~[groovy-all-2.4.12.jar:2.4.12]
    at com.appian.komodo.JavaProcessUtil.isJavaProcessRunning(JavaProcessUtil.groovy:30) ~[komodo-1.137.12.jar:1.137.12]

Could you please help me understand, how you resolved this error.

Thanks,
    Dipak
Children
No Data