Verify/Find list of Plug-ins deployed in Appian Using Java API

Certified Lead Developer

Hi All,

We have business case where we need to get the list plug-in deployed using Plug-ins/Smart Services and/or get the status of new deployed plug-ins using Java API.

Do any one have worked something like this, Any thoughts?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I looked into this a year ago and didn't have any luck.

I also tried to perform some simple screen scraping ideas after trying to dynamically pull the /admin page, thinking that maybe I could use Appian to request the admin plugins page, grab the html from the response and then scrape it for the list of plugins. I didn't spend long on it, but that didn't work either, partly because the plugin page wasn't a simple URL but instead had a rather complex set of responses that would have made it hard to parse the multiple chunks of data. You might have better luck if you can find a prebuilt screen scraping tool that can pull a whole web page including its underlying CSS, javascript, etc. and then parse it and make it available to Appian via a webservice or a dumped flat file.

Alternatively, I tried looking through the log files and didn't find an obvious list. Sure, newly added plugins are in a log, but existing ones at startup are not logged. I think they might be logged however if you run the Appian supplied health monitoring process (for on site installations), so you could try triggering that and see if one of the files generated that you would send to Appian might contain a list of jar files.
  • I looked into this a year ago and didn't have any luck.

I also tried to perform some simple screen scraping ideas after trying to dynamically pull the /admin page, thinking that maybe I could use Appian to request the admin plugins page, grab the html from the response and then scrape it for the list of plugins. I didn't spend long on it, but that didn't work either, partly because the plugin page wasn't a simple URL but instead had a rather complex set of responses that would have made it hard to parse the multiple chunks of data. You might have better luck if you can find a prebuilt screen scraping tool that can pull a whole web page including its underlying CSS, javascript, etc. and then parse it and make it available to Appian via a webservice or a dumped flat file.

Alternatively, I tried looking through the log files and didn't find an obvious list. Sure, newly added plugins are in a log, but existing ones at startup are not logged. I think they might be logged however if you run the Appian supplied health monitoring process (for on site installations), so you could try triggering that and see if one of the files generated that you would send to Appian might contain a list of jar files.
Children
No Data