JBAS014777: Services which failed to start: service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite

Dears,

Application Server:

JBoss (6.4.19)

Appian: 18.1 With Two HotFix-Updates (A and B)

I am able to run successfully the following:

- Appian Engine (all services)

- Data Server service

- Search Server service

- JBoss started as Standalone but failed with several exception messages.

"{
    \"JBAS014671: Failed services\" => {\"jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite\" => \"org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./suite: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in anonymous service: JBAS018040: Failed to start context
    Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in anonymous service: JBAS018040: Failed to start context\"},
    \"JBAS014771: Services with missing/unavailable dependencies\" => [
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"email-handler.jar\\\".INSTALL is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.unattended-request-handler.UnattendedRequestHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.deployment.unit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".deploymentCompleteService is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"email-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService, jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"unattended-request-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService, jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.jms-process-integration-handler.JmsProcessIntegrationHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean.ValidatorFactory is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean]\",
        \"jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"jms-process-integration-handler.jar\\\".INSTALL is missing [jboss.deployment.subunit.\\\"suite.ear\\\".\\\"unattended-request-handler.jar\\\".deploymentCompleteService]\",
        \"jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean.Validator is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.comp.suite.email-handler.EmailHandlerBean]\"
    ]
}"

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Using the Installation Guide as Reference, do the following:

1.Part Five: Allow Insecure Cookies
    Open <REPO_HOME>\ear\suite.ear\web.war\WEB-INF\web.xml in a text editor.

Remove the following lines:
    <cookie-config>
    <http-only>true</http-only>
    <secure>true</secure>
    </cookie-config>
    <tracking-mode>COOKIE</tracking-mode>
    Save the file.

2.Part Ten: Deploy the Configurations
    Use the configure script to validate your environment's configuration and deploy Appian.
    Open the command prompt, and then run the following command: <APPIAN_HOME>\_admin\_scripts\configure\configure.bat
    Choose 4 - Validate configurations.
    Choose 5 - Deploy configurations, select 1 - <ENVIRONMENT>, and then select 3 - Deploy configurations to both. If prompted, select the option that corresponds with your version of JBoss.
    Type Q to quit.

3.If Appian fails to start properly for any reason, check the following:

Verify that the following file exists and does not have the extensions .undeployed, .isdeploying or .failed:
    <APPIAN_HOME>\_admin\_scripts\configure\templates\ear\suite.ear.dodeploy

Delete the following file if it has the extensions .undeployed, .isdeploying or .failed:
    <JBOSS_HOME>\standalone\deployments\appian-mysql-ds.xml.deployed

Hope this helps
  • Hi Benhail,
    I have followed the installation guide and double check with all the steps you've mentioned in your reply but in-vain.

Kindly note that I have done the following while installing Appian:
    1- Install Appian from "setupWin_appian-18.1.23.0.exe"
    2- then I have installed Hotfix-A from "18_1_0_0_Hotfix_Package_A.zip"
    3- finally I have installed Hotfix-B from "18_1_0_0_Hotfix_Package_B.zip" immediately afterwards

could it be the reason of the issue?
  • Hi Benhail,
    I have followed the installation guide and double check with all the steps you've mentioned in your reply but in-vain.

Kindly note that I have done the following while installing Appian:
    1- Install Appian from "setupWin_appian-18.1.23.0.exe"
    2- then I have installed Hotfix-A from "18_1_0_0_Hotfix_Package_A.zip"
    3- finally I have installed Hotfix-B from "18_1_0_0_Hotfix_Package_B.zip" immediately afterwards

could it be the reason of the issue?
Children