Hello I would like to refresh our DEVELOPMENT environment with the co

Hello

I would like to refresh our DEVELOPMENT environment with the content of the PRODUCTION one, before starting some new dev.

- Could you explain me which files I have to copy ? all the appian folder or just some of the .kdb files ?
- Have you some documentation about this ?

Thanks in advance
K....

OriginalPostID-81747

OriginalPostID-81747

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This is similar to migration procedure. #See forum.appian.com/.../Migration_Guide
    I would strongly advice you to take a copy of the Dev environment before you do this.

A few thing to remember:- Any connections/etc that points to production will need to be remapped. This will not only bring the data but mimic the entire environment (including users)
    Ensure that the configuration files used to connect to DB etc., do not get migrated. You dont want your DEV environment to make changes to PROD db.
    Any environmental specific variables or constants should be reset to point to the correct environment.
  • This is similar to migration procedure. #See forum.appian.com/.../Migration_Guide
    I would strongly advice you to take a copy of the Dev environment before you do this.

A few thing to remember:- Any connections/etc that points to production will need to be remapped. This will not only bring the data but mimic the entire environment (including users)
    Ensure that the configuration files used to connect to DB etc., do not get migrated. You dont want your DEV environment to make changes to PROD db.
    Any environmental specific variables or constants should be reset to point to the correct environment.
Children