How to set Multiple Database

Dear all,

I am setting up more than one database for my Appian Environment:

1. MySQL: Primary Datastore + Business Datastores

2. MSSQL: only Business Datastores

may I ask:

1. Indeed, I could only set only one Primary Datastore in either database (i.e. MySQL or MSSQL), but not both, right?

2. If I do not require the Business Datastores to be set during Appian set up (i.e.I want to add the Business Datastores through Admin Console later on after Appian is set), as long as I include the connectors in Jboss and uncomment the drivers setting in standalone.xml, I should be able to connect the MSSQL Datastores in Admin Console later on after Appian is set even though I do not have the primary datastore set in MSSQL, right?

3. If I want all the datastores (i.e. both Primary and Business DS in MySQL and Business DS in MSSQL) to be set up during Appian Setup, 

according to the lines 

• Make sure to add a <xa-datasource> tag for each database you use. For example, one for your Appian data source and another for your business data source.

https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.1/Configuring_Relational_Databases.html#enter-the-data-source-property-values

then the "datasource info" (e.g. xmlns:xsi="xxxx" and xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation=xxx) which are different among the databases will be missing. Would there be any problem?

Or, does it mean that I could not set up the datastores from different database together during Appian setup stage (i.e. Only the business DS which belongs to the same Database that the Primary Datasore belongs could be set) ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

•  

1. Yes, you can set up only one primary datasource. It can be any one of the four supported RDBMS (MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle or IBM DB2)
    2. Correct, If you can skip setting up the business datasources duing the Appian installation and as you mentioned in the question, if you had all the drivers deployed and enabled in the standalone.xml, you can add the business datasources through Admin console.
    3. No, you can set primary and business datasources using any supported RDBMS. For instance, your Primary DS can be in MS SQL Server, your Business DS1 can be in MySQL and your Business DS2 can be in Oracle. I hope that answers your question. 

Additionally, I generally use separate *-ds.xml files for each datasource if I am configuring multiple datasoures especially from different types of RDBMS. By this way, you can add/remove/update the connection details of the individual datasources without touching other datasources

Thanks,

Raghu