I am unable to change the Portal Start Page to the Rules tab via the URL /rules/

I am unable to change the Portal Start Page to the Rules tab via the URL /rules/GetRulesRoot.do. The correct page displays when I click "Test this URL" but when I try to submit the change, I receive the following message: "The URL cannot be reached, please try again or contact your Administrator. Please notice that the path should not include the context."...

OriginalPostID-82827

OriginalPostID-82827

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Linda, I was able to reproduce this behavior and found that due to the way the URL is validated internally this can happen only when using SSL (https://) in the environment if the certificate hasn't been imported into the JDK collection of trusted certificate authority certificates on the server where your application server is running.

In order to solve this issue have your system administrator import the certificate into the cacerts file of the JDK where your app server runs.

Here's how you can do it (adjust the paths/names accordingly)

keytool -import -alias <HOSTNAME_AS_IN_CUSTOM.PROPERTIES_SERVER_AND_PORT> -file <MY_CERTIFICATE>.crt -keystore "C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.7.0_21\\jre\\lib\\security\\cacerts

2. Restart your application server.
  • Linda, I was able to reproduce this behavior and found that due to the way the URL is validated internally this can happen only when using SSL (https://) in the environment if the certificate hasn't been imported into the JDK collection of trusted certificate authority certificates on the server where your application server is running.

In order to solve this issue have your system administrator import the certificate into the cacerts file of the JDK where your app server runs.

Here's how you can do it (adjust the paths/names accordingly)

keytool -import -alias <HOSTNAME_AS_IN_CUSTOM.PROPERTIES_SERVER_AND_PORT> -file <MY_CERTIFICATE>.crt -keystore "C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.7.0_21\\jre\\lib\\security\\cacerts

2. Restart your application server.
Children
No Data