Issues setting up Docker 18.3

Certified Lead Developer

I've started going through the 18.3 Docker installation guide (https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.3/Installing_Appian_in_Docker_Containers.html) but am running into several different issues while trying to starting the containers. I'm not sure what I'm missing in terms of initial set-up, but I do wonder if there are are some issues that I'm running Docker in Windows, but my containers are Linux (looks like CentOS images).

For search server, the error message claims I need to run the initial data script. This has been run with the Windows script (host OS). I'm wondering if there is an issue with the link between these folders and the virtual disk.

The other issue is related to service-manager - I've updated the hostname/links and topology in my compose file as indicated but I still see these errors. The errors seem to imply the topology file isn't correct since it says host is empty but the file has a hostname populated.

Any insight is appreciated

EDIT: Various other forums have indicated there are often issues sharing volumes in Windows for a variety of reasons. I've tried changing a few security settings but so far the volumes are still not syncing correctly.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible