Email Issue

Hi All,

We are on 18.1. We had been using Email server in Appian for a while to send Emails out but now it is not working. To check the SMTP Server, when I used "telnet" following command

telnet server_name.mydomain.com 25

I got following result in window

220 servername SMTP Server (JAMES SMTP Server 2.2.0) ready Day, #1. Mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss -1200 (GMT-12:00)

Then I used "EHLO myemailaddress@companyname.com" and got the following message:

501 5.5.4 Invalid domain name [XXXXXXXXXXXXX.eop-XXXXX.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Can anyone guide where is the issue & how can I fix it?

Thanks in Advance

Rishu

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • 1.Firewalls and spam filters aren’t always particularly fond of emails that contain links, images and attachments (particularly executables). Even emails that are too short sometimes trigger spam filters. Try writing a plain text email with no attachments to see if this is the cause
    2.If you’re using a mail server, such as Exchange, there is a chance that it is incorrectly configured. This has been the cause of several of our customer’s problems in the past.
    If all of the steps above don’t work, try the following
    3.Email them from a different email account on a different server, e.g. Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo Mail. This takes any potential SMPT error out of the equation
  • 1.Firewalls and spam filters aren’t always particularly fond of emails that contain links, images and attachments (particularly executables). Even emails that are too short sometimes trigger spam filters. Try writing a plain text email with no attachments to see if this is the cause
    2.If you’re using a mail server, such as Exchange, there is a chance that it is incorrectly configured. This has been the cause of several of our customer’s problems in the past.
    If all of the steps above don’t work, try the following
    3.Email them from a different email account on a different server, e.g. Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo Mail. This takes any potential SMPT error out of the equation
Children
No Data