Stops when starting service manager

Hi, I am installing appian 18.3 on ubuntu machine, it's first time we are doing this we are using the instalation guide for linux, when i reach the point to start appian with the APPIAN_HOME/services/bin - ./start.sh -p password -s all, it begins to run but it stops with the message:

Starting Service Manager
Executing command: '[/home/deloitte/appian/services/lib/scripts/service-manager.sh]' in /home/deloitte/appian/services/lib/scripts with environment [JAVA_OPTS:-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=8g -Xms64m -Xmx8g]
Waiting for Service Manager to launch

The status script says the "service manager isn't running. All engines are unavailable."

I saw on the directory /home/deloitte/appian/logs/service-manager/kafka the server.log (attach) since i am new to linux and 18.3 should i see in this log what is happening? I can't find the reason for this to happen and i am not being able to start appian.

Thanks, Guilherme

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi ,

After executing the script start.sh you get the below message :
    "Starting Service Manager
    Executing command: '[/home/deloitte/appian/services/lib/scripts/service-manager.sh]' in /home/deloitte/appian/services/lib/scripts with environment [JAVA_OPTS:-XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=8g -Xms64m -Xmx8g]
    Waiting for Service Manager to launch"

what happens after this ? is it gives any error like timeout or something else ?

i would suggest start engines one by one instead of all at a time and then see what will happen ? I also faced issue similar type then i started engines one by one and then everything up.

Regards
    Abhay Giri
  • Hi ,

After executing the script start.sh you get the below message :
    "Starting Service Manager
    Waiting for Service Manager to launch"

what happens after this ? is it gives any error like timeout or something else ?

i would suggest start engines one by one instead of all at a time and then see what will happen ? I also faced issue similar type then i started engines one by one and then everything up.

Regards
    Abhay Giri
Children