Setting Expiration Duration on Temporary Documents Folder in 18.1

Does anyone know if the ability to set Expiration Duration on a folder was a lost configuration item with the deprecation of the documents tab in designer. We are on 18.1 and looking to set cleanup on our temporary documents folder but I am having trouble finding this ability in the /design view for documents.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Kevin Gajewski
    Kevin,
    Thanks for the clarification, that should help. As a follow-up, though, what method would we use to check the current expiration value for any given knowledge center? I've had an issue in the past where the customer complained that documents seemed to be disappearing, and after some debugging I was able to find that the knowlege center had an expiration limit set (which it shouldn't have); however it seems that if a similar situation happened now, I'm not sure what I'd do, seeing as how there seems to be no functionality in New Designer to even see the expiration setting (if any).
Children
  • As of 18.1, the only OOTB way to view that information is to use the knowledgecenter() function with the "expirationDays" property. 

Do you still find yourself looking for this information often nowadays?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Kevin Gajewski
    Thanks for the tip regarding the knowledgecenter() function, it hadn't occurred to me that there might be something like that.

I luckily don't need to mess with that much these days as my primary projects never really used expiration limits on knowledge center - but the one time I did need to worry about it in the past, it was a complete surprise, so the thought that it would be super hard or impossible to check and/or update them via the UI now was making me a little uneasy.

I would imagine older / legacy systems which utilized expiration day limits more often might be more in need of being able to check them via the UI, though I suppose if there's an OOB function then someone could whip up a SAIL form to do so manually.