Files Uploaded from UI where do they reside.... in Heap or in RAM Memory

Hi All,

I wanted to check few things like,

I have a file Upload component where i can upload the file.... Once the file is Uploaded into the screen, where does this actually reside as per the memory, 

1.When i click on Upload it takes time to load on to the screen to tell me the size--- till that time where is the file loaded.

2.Once the file is uploaded on screen where is the file loaded-is it in Heap or Memory.

3. Once you click on submit where does it goes.- is it Heap or Is it Memory or is it Disk

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Harsha,
    1. I assume till the file completely loads from your hard drive to Appian File upload component it will be in heap memory,
    and once it loads completely then the file will be placed to 2. Temporary Knowledge Center, every environment will have by default a temporary knowledge center and the files will be loaded into it. 3. When user submits the form then the File will be moved to Folder what you mention in the "target" attribute of the file upload component.

Please go through the below link
    docs.appian.com/.../Document_Management.html
  • Hi Harsha,
    1. I assume till the file completely loads from your hard drive to Appian File upload component it will be in heap memory,
    and once it loads completely then the file will be placed to 2. Temporary Knowledge Center, every environment will have by default a temporary knowledge center and the files will be loaded into it. 3. When user submits the form then the File will be moved to Folder what you mention in the "target" attribute of the file upload component.

Please go through the below link
    docs.appian.com/.../Document_Management.html
Children
No Data