Configure Appian 18.4 to start a process from an email - security exception

Hi all,

I am trying to configure Appian 18.4 to Trigger processes from an email and I getting a security exception:

2019-03-12 07:16:35,772 [Appian MailActivation - 1] ERROR com.appiancorp.process.emailpoller.MailActivation - An error occurred while attempting to open the mailbox to poll; no mail will be fetched.
javax.mail.MessagingException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target;
  nested exception is:
        javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
        at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:665)
        at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:295)
        at com.appiancorp.process.emailpoller.MailFolder.open(MailFolder.java:158)
        at com.appiancorp.process.emailpoller.MailActivation.run(MailActivation.java:156)
        at org.springframework.jca.work.SimpleTaskWorkManager$DelegatingWorkAdapter.run(SimpleTaskWorkManager.java:239)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Looks like Appian or Tomcat is missing a certificate? Should I get the certificate and Import it in the Appian console? or perhaps directly in Tomcat? Or is the Problem something else?

Many thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible