I am very new to Appian. I just got done installing Appian on a WebLogic 12c ap

I am very new to Appian. I just got done installing Appian on a WebLogic 12c app server. All the services are starting up and I can navigate to mysite.com:myport/.../designer. However, I am challenged to provide a username and password when I navigate to this URL. It looks like a standard Appian log in page, has the Appian logo on it and fields to enter username and password. The problem is that I don't remember setting up any users during the installation process. And any users I thought I had set up I tried with no success. Can someone point me to a document or something that shows me which user to use for the first time (like an admin user)? [For example, Weblogic has the user weblogic that we create when installing.].

Thanks in advance.
Sam....

OriginalPostID-87925

OriginalPostID-87925

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Below is the output:
    S U M M A R Y (2013-11-04 19:20:02.902 GMT) S U M M A R Y
    _APP_ _ACTIVE_GW_ _STATUS_ _ISSUES_
    Discussion Forums 1/1 Okay
    Notifications Service 1/1 Okay
    Notifications Email Processor 1/1 Okay
    Channels 1/1 Okay
    Collaboration 1/1 Okay
    Collaboration Statistics 1/1 Okay
    Personalization 1/1 Okay
    Portal 1/1 Okay
    Metadata Structure Service 1/1 Okay
    Process-Design 1/1 Okay
    Process-Analytics0000 1/1 Okay
    Process-Analytics0001 1/1 Okay
    Process-Analytics0002 1/1 Okay
    Process-Exec00 1/1 Okay
    Process-Exec01 1/1 Okay
    Process-Exec02 1/1 Okay

All Okay.
    One thing I noticed in the log file for the Weblogic server is a stack trace saying:
    Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: While trying to look up /jdbc/OracleDS in /app/webapp/suite/452209868.; remaining name '/jdbc/OracleDS'
              at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.newNameNotFoundException(BasicNamingNode.java:1180)

As far as I know, that is the JNDI name of my Oracle data source and also configured as such in WebLogic. Also, the same name is used in the Primary Data Source in the custom.properties file. So I don't understand why the Appian ear is unable to connect to the primary data source. Any thoughts?
  • Below is the output:
    S U M M A R Y (2013-11-04 19:20:02.902 GMT) S U M M A R Y
    _APP_ _ACTIVE_GW_ _STATUS_ _ISSUES_
    Discussion Forums 1/1 Okay
    Notifications Service 1/1 Okay
    Notifications Email Processor 1/1 Okay
    Channels 1/1 Okay
    Collaboration 1/1 Okay
    Collaboration Statistics 1/1 Okay
    Personalization 1/1 Okay
    Portal 1/1 Okay
    Metadata Structure Service 1/1 Okay
    Process-Design 1/1 Okay
    Process-Analytics0000 1/1 Okay
    Process-Analytics0001 1/1 Okay
    Process-Analytics0002 1/1 Okay
    Process-Exec00 1/1 Okay
    Process-Exec01 1/1 Okay
    Process-Exec02 1/1 Okay

All Okay.
    One thing I noticed in the log file for the Weblogic server is a stack trace saying:
    Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: While trying to look up /jdbc/OracleDS in /app/webapp/suite/452209868.; remaining name '/jdbc/OracleDS'
              at weblogic.jndi.internal.BasicNamingNode.newNameNotFoundException(BasicNamingNode.java:1180)

As far as I know, that is the JNDI name of my Oracle data source and also configured as such in WebLogic. Also, the same name is used in the Primary Data Source in the custom.properties file. So I don't understand why the Appian ear is unable to connect to the primary data source. Any thoughts?
Children
No Data