I note that when autocheckpointing in turned on, checkpoints will be run W

I note that when autocheckpointing in turned on, checkpoints will be run
Where can I find out more information about configuring checkpointing?
What is the average time it takes for a checkpoint to run for example? The documentation says that if autocheckpoint is enabled, then a checkpoint will run "approximately once every 4 to 12 hours, depending on a number of factors, including transaction volume”.
Where can I find information on what those factors are, or what the transaction volume thresholds are that would trigger a 4, 5 or 12 hourly checkpoint? Is there a "Checkpoint Best Practices" page for example?...

OriginalPostID-33543

OriginalPostID-33543

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • We recommend that auto checkpoint be disabled for production systems even for multiple gateway installations. With auto checkpointing, you are able to set the thresholds but you are unable to control when the thresholds are reached.
    As to how long a checkpoint runs, depends on mutliple factors: size of the kdb, disk I/O, etc. but anything above 10 seconds is logged as a warning in the logs.
  • We recommend that auto checkpoint be disabled for production systems even for multiple gateway installations. With auto checkpointing, you are able to set the thresholds but you are unable to control when the thresholds are reached.
    As to how long a checkpoint runs, depends on mutliple factors: size of the kdb, disk I/O, etc. but anything above 10 seconds is logged as a warning in the logs.
Children
No Data