#InstallationAndAdministration Does anyone use Tivoli monitoring to monitor and

#InstallationAndAdministration Does anyone use Tivoli monitoring to monitor and read the Appian log files or JBoss server logs? We are using Tivoli but it seems to be locking out files and causing some issues when we start or stop our services. Just wanted to get quick information about what others seem to be doing to actively monitor the log files for FATAL errors. We had thought about writing a script to monitor the checkengine script for FATAL/WARN, but does anyone have any better suggestions for actively monitoring for database failures or other common errors?......

OriginalPostID-88236

OriginalPostID-88236

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I ended up creating my own script to monitor the CE and we are having Tivoli monitor the JBoss via an HTTP Response query. Tivoli also monitors the CPU/MEM for us and will send alerts if a threshold is met. I would still be open to any more suggestions about what to monitor, common error codes/phrases, etc.

Alok from Appian also suggested to monitor the system.csv to monitor the available heap size, if that might be interesting to others.
  • I ended up creating my own script to monitor the CE and we are having Tivoli monitor the JBoss via an HTTP Response query. Tivoli also monitors the CPU/MEM for us and will send alerts if a threshold is met. I would still be open to any more suggestions about what to monitor, common error codes/phrases, etc.

Alok from Appian also suggested to monitor the system.csv to monitor the available heap size, if that might be interesting to others.
Children
No Data