Issue with Deployment Versioning Manager

Hi, 

I was trying to build package (app-repo) using the appian-adm-versioning-client-2.5.7 with the following settings

[vcUsername:gabriel_tay],
[vcPassword:***],
[commitMessage:value not provided],
[action:buildAllApps],
[applicationPath:value not provided],
[adminConsolePath:value not provided],
[ddlPath:value not provided],
[flywayPath:value not provided],
[ddlDs:value not provided],
[uuid:value not provided],
[applicationName:value not provided],
[startHash:value not provided],
[endHash:value not provided],
[packagePath:/Users/gabrieltay/package.zip],
[versionControlType:GIT],
[repoUrl:https://bitbucket.xxxhive.com/scm/xxx/appian-package.git],
[localRepoPath:/Users/gabrieltay/Desktop/_Work/xxx/appian-package],
[branchName:development],
[appianObjectsRepoPath:app-repo],
[noUpdate:value not provided],
[enableFolderListenerCommitMessage:value not provided]

I had the following error.

2019-05-28 00:32:57,634 - Local repo updated successfully
2019-05-28 00:32:58,537 - There was an error completing the selected operation. Additional details will be logged.
2019-05-28 00:32:58,537 - Details of error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter 'directory' is not a directory
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.validateListFilesParameters(FileUtils.java:545)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.listFiles(FileUtils.java:521)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.listFiles(FileUtils.java:691)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.helper.PackageGenerationHelper.addMetaInfFolderToZip(PackageGenerationHelper.java:323)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.helper.PackageGenerationHelper.createZipFileFromChangedFiles(PackageGenerationHelper.java:212)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.helper.PackageGenerationHelper.generatePackage(PackageGenerationHelper.java:82)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.VCSAndBuildController.generateChangedFileList(VCSAndBuildController.java:270)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.VCSAndBuildController.buildPackage(VCSAndBuildController.java:221)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.VCSAndBuildController.buildAllApps(VCSAndBuildController.java:311)
at com.appiancorp.ps.automatedversioning.AutomatedVersioningManager.main(AutomatedVersioningManager.java:129)

What could have gone wrong?

My repo structure is made up the following:

appian-package

-- app-repo

------ application

------ content

-- env-repo

------ application

------ content

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • I did not perform the actions "updateLocalRepo" and "addContent" since I have committed my changes to the repo manually.

I'm following the steps as described here.

#3: Build master generates new RC deployment package (buildAllApps)

In this use case, all additions made by the team have been incorporated into the remote repository and have gone through sufficient testing. The build master is now ready to promote a new package to the higher environment. The new package should include all additions and changes since the last deployment. The build master will:

1. (If not done previously) Update version-manager.properties with the appropriate fields. See the Script Setup section for details.

2. Run the script, using buildAllApps as the action flag. The build master must provide the username and password for authenticating against their version control system (-vc_username, -vc_password). To get a specific set of changes, input a value for the -start_hash option and the -end_hash option. This will generate the package with all new and changed files between the two hash options.

1. NOTE: the package will NOT include the changes introduced in the start hash, but WILL include changes introduced in the end hash.

> version-application -action buildAllApps -vc_username <VC_USERNAME> -vc_password <VC_PASSWORD> -start_hash ac37459 -end_hash 6e83b42

When the script is executed, it generates a package at the location specified by the packagePath field in version-manager.properties"