Log retention

Hello, we are using Appian 18.4. 

I already went through this https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/19.1/Logging.html#log-retention.

Scenario:

Seems like in the Appian cloud, only 2 log files are retained. For the purpose of this post, let's say we are talking about sites_usage.csv. Once the sites_usage.csv file reaches 10 MB limit, the server will create a new log file called sites_usage.csv.1 and transfer the data from sites_usage.csv and clear sites_usage.csv. Once sites_usage.csv reaches 10 MB again, sites_usage.csv.2 will be created and data will be transferred to sites_usage.csv.2 and sites_usage.csv will be clean.

Questions:

1. What will happen when sites_usage.csv reaches 10 MB limit again? Will sites_usage.csv.1 be cleaned and the current data of sites_usage.csv be transferred over there?

2. If so, I am assuming that when sites_usage.csv reaches 10 MB again, sites_usage.csv.2 will be cleaned and sites_usage.csv data will be transferred there. And the same process will keep happening over and over again. Is this correct?

3. This question is irrelevant if my assumptions on questions 1 and 2 are correct. In the cloud, the log sequence, could it only be sites_usage.csv.1 and sites_usage.csv.2? Or will the numbers keep increasing 1,2,3,4,5,6, ... 1000.... 10000, etc.? 

If this is not correct, could someone please explain how does it work?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible