Question about primary data source for distributed environment

Hi There!

To be prepared for the need to load balance, we would like to configure a distributed gateway environment for review and testing.

In my mind, I think that both Appian instances would need to point to the same primary data source. Is this correct?

TIA,
tdw...

OriginalPostID-89764

OriginalPostID-89764

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Tim, yes you app servers need to point to the same data sources (both primary and business).
    However, we recommend adding an engine gateway only in very narrow circumstances. The additional gateway will provide load balancing for read transactions, which will not help performance if the majority of your transactions are writes. Multiple gateways require very stringent IO and network specs and put additional strain on your maintenance. I highly recommend you balance your needs with associated additional costs.
  • Tim, yes you app servers need to point to the same data sources (both primary and business).
    However, we recommend adding an engine gateway only in very narrow circumstances. The additional gateway will provide load balancing for read transactions, which will not help performance if the majority of your transactions are writes. Multiple gateways require very stringent IO and network specs and put additional strain on your maintenance. I highly recommend you balance your needs with associated additional costs.
Children
No Data