Hi, We have installed Appian 7.3 version on windows 2000 server but w

Hi,

We have installed Appian 7.3 version on windows 2000 server but when we start-suite.bat we got all the engine failed with the below error.

FATAL! No gateway is active.

Also sometime it give us ...
FATAL! No gateway is active.
GW1 is continuously restarting

We have checked the logs and got the below mentioned error.

2013-11-15 12:26:55 [MD1] INFO .a.gw "State transition from [DISCONNECTED] to [DISCONNECTED]"
2013-11-15 12:27:10 [MD1] INFO .a.gw.ssd "Connected to server"
2013-11-15 12:27:10 [MD1] INFO .a.gw "State transition from [DISCONNECTED] to [ACTIVE JOIN]"
2013-11-15 12:27:11 [MD1] INFO .a.gw.swj "No other gateways configured, switching to [STANDALONE]"
2013-11-15 12:27:11 [MD1] INFO .a.gw "State transition from [ACTIVE JOIN] to [STANDALONE]"

Could you please suggest what needs to be configure so that gateway can connect to the server and all appian engines will be up after running start-suit.bat.?...

OriginalPostID-89980

OriginalPostID-89980

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Navajith, are you trying to stand up a multiple gateway architecture? May I ask what documentation you followed to do this installation?
  • Alex, I was following the installation guide of version 7.3.

I deleted the kdb files and it seems like that resolved the issue, now it says that all the engines are up, when I executed checkengine batch file. Now I am facing an issue with the jboss, when I start jboss, its giving an error message "jboss started and stopped. some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs".
  • Is that the only message you get? How exactly are you starting jboss?
  • I am starting the jboss service from the windows services menu in Administrative tools
  • Have you completed the steps noted here?: forum.appian.com/.../Setting_up_JBoss_as_a_Windows_Service

Additionally, please make sure:
    -You have set JAVA_HOME properly
    -You are running the service as the same user who installed appian

If you are still facing a problem, you may want to stand up Appian using the standalone.bat script and take a look at the logs.
  • Hi Alex, I checked the JAVA_HOME property and are running the service as the same user. Now I am not getting the error popup msg; however the jboss service is stopped automatically. As suggested I have tried to start jboss using standalone.bat script and the log says

" Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: JBAS014674: Failed to load module org.jboss.as.clustering.infinispan
              at org.jboss.as.controller.parsing.ExtensionXml.parseExtensions(ExtensionXml.java:154) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              at org.jboss.as.server.parsing.StandaloneXml.readServerElement_1_4(StandaloneXml.java:424) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              at org.jboss.as.server.parsing.StandaloneXml.readElement(StandaloneXml.java:136) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              at org.jboss.as.server.parsing.StandaloneXml.readElement(StandaloneXml.java:103) [jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              at org.jboss.staxmapper.XMLMapperImpl.processNested(XMLMapperImpl.java:110) [staxmapper-1.1.0.Final-redhat-2.jar:1.1.0.Final-redhat-2]
              at org.jboss.staxmapper.XMLMapperImpl.parseDocument(XMLMapperImpl.java:69) [staxmapper-1.1.0.Final-redhat-2.jar:1.1.0.Final-redhat-2]
              at org.jboss.as.controller.persistence.XmlConfigurationPersister.load(XmlConfigurationPersister.java:133) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              ... 3 more
    Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: JBAS014674: Failed to load module
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:188) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]
              at org.jboss.as.controller.parsing.ExtensionXml.parseExtensions(ExtensionXml.java:146) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              ... 9 more
    Caused by: javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: JBAS014674: Failed to load module
              at org.jboss.as.controller.parsing.ExtensionXml.loadModule(ExtensionXml.java:195) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              at org.jboss.as.controller.parsing.ExtensionXml.access$000(ExtensionXml.java:68) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              at org.jboss.as.controller.parsing.ExtensionXml$1.call(ExtensionXml.java:126) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              at org.jboss.as.controller.parsing.ExtensionXml$1.call(ExtensionXml.java:123) [jboss-as-controller-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.Final-redhat-8]
              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]
              at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:122) [jboss-threads-2.1.0.Final-redhat-1.jar:2.1.0.Final-redhat-1]
    Caused by: org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoadException: Error loading module from C:\\jboss-eap-6.1\\modules\\system\\layers\\base\\org\\infinispan\\cachestore\\jdbc\\main\\module.xml
              at org.jboss.modules.ModuleXmlParser.parseModuleXml(ModuleXmlParser.java:292) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
              at org.jboss.modules.ModuleXmlParser.parseModuleXml(ModuleXmlParser.java:256) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
              at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleFinder$1.run(LocalModuleFinder.java:144) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
              at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleFinder$1.run(LocalModuleFinder.java:138) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
              at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]
              at org.jboss.modules.LocalModuleFinder.findModule(LocalModuleFinder.java:138) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
              at org.jboss.modules.ModuleLoader.findModule(ModuleLoader.java:389) [jboss-modules.jar:1.2.0.Final-redhat-1]
              at org"
  • May I ask what Jboss version you are using? Have you completed the configurations outlined here:
    forum.appian.com/.../Configuring_JBoss
  • Alex, The jboss version is "jboss EAP6.1.0.GA, Yes we have done all the conigurations mentioned in that hyper link. We had double checked it again.
  • At this point, I would recommend either reaching out to support to look deeper into your current configuration, or look into the Appian Configuration Manager which can help configure jboss while reducing some human error. forum.appian.com/.../Appian_Configuration_Manager