Startup shell script for Appian services for 19.2 version

Hi Team,

Is there a way to automate the startup script in Appian?

We two servers (WEB and APP) in linux machine for Appian. Web server has search server and tomcat services. APP server has data server and services running in that.

Whenever the server goes down, it has to restart on its own. Anyone have any idea on how to write the Shell Script for starting the Appian Servers.

1) First step is to start the services in APP server using start.sh script

2) Verify if all the engines are started (how to do this?)

3) Start the data server in APP server

4) Verify if data server started (how to do this?)

5)  Start the search server in WEB server

6) Verify if search server started (how to do this?)

7) Start the tomcat in WEB server

8) Verify if tomcat started successfully (how to do this?)

Thanks in advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Sakthi,

I never tried this, but I think for second step you can use the -wfr flag with status.sh which will wait until all the engines are in running state.

For other steps, where you just want to check the services are started or not can be achieved using the UNIX commands like systemctl or combination of ps and grep commands. 

Also, i would suggest to give some wait time in shell script after each time you start any service

Regards,

Yogesh

• Hi Sakthi,

I never tried this, but I think for second step you can use the -wfr flag with status.sh which will wait until all the engines are in running state.

For other steps, where you just want to check the services are started or not can be achieved using the UNIX commands like systemctl or combination of ps and grep commands. 

Also, i would suggest to give some wait time in shell script after each time you start any service

Regards,

Yogesh

Children
No Data